ABOUT THE POSITION
The Recreation Leader I position is responsible for providing high-level programs and services through the Parks and Recreation Department which provide concrete, positive experiences for youth and which promote qualities that are essential to raising successful young people. Recreation Leaders (I) are responsible for implementing the curriculum for the Town’s day camp program which offer youth daily activities, including arts, crafts, games, songs, field trips, and special events. This position may also work additional seasonal events for the Parks and Recreation Department throughout the year.
Summer Camp Program Dates: June 01 - August 06, 2021
*** Position Open Until Filled ***
EXAMPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and lead arts, crafts, songs and games according to the theme of the week.
- Serve as a mentor and role model to campers.
- Work as part of a team of leaders.
- Safely and appropriately supervise campers.
- Use positive discipline and communicate effectively with parents/guardians.
- Perform duties within OSHA health and safety standards, including Covid-19 protocols and cleaning procedures.
• Experience working with youth in a recreation setting.
• Energetic, self-motivated, creative, and organized.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Mobility to work in a standard, active camp setting.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Minimum age for employment is 16 years. Candidates under the age of 18 will require a work permit.
Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. Generally, this will require:
Experience: One (1) year work experience, preferably in a customer service-oriented environment or in youth recreational activities.
License or Certificates:
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificate or ability to obtain certificate.
- Enrolled in or graduated from high school.
There are no benefits for part-time, temporary-seasonal positions (except paid sick leave per AB 1522).
Interviews will begin the week of April 5, 2021 and continue until all positions are filled.