We are seeking motivated individuals who can work independently with minimal direction for weekend special events and rentals at the Newark Community Center. Work is performed under the direction of the Recreation Coordinator. Candidates will prepare the Newark Community Center for weekday and weekend rentals with event setup, take-down, and event monitoring throughout your shift.
Prior to Rental & Setup
- Turn off alarm
- Turn the computer on; check email for messages
- Turn on A/C or Heater System
- Set up tables and chairs
- Put plastic bags in garbage cans, and place them throughout the room (be sure the front of the garbage cans are clean)
- Sweep/clean front entrance steps and wheelchair ramp
- Sweep/clean outdoor patio area
- Confirm that the rooms downstairs are locked as well as any other doors not in use
- If time allows, clean glass doors
- Meet the renter upon arrival. Welcome them and go over the information that applies at that time
- Periodically check restrooms and restock toilet paper and paper towels as necessary
- Clean up restroom floors of debris
- Periodically check the garbage cans and if full, replace with another can with a clean liner
- Periodically walk the facility to check on rental, including the kitchen (make sure the renter and/or caterer understands no food scraps down the kitchen drains)
After the rental & cleanup
- Encourage the renter to clean up on time. It takes a minimum of 1 hour to clean up the room
- Confirm that all tables and chairs are cleaned
- Turn off the handicap auto door button switch
- Check off the cleanup facility sheet with the customer
- If there will be any additional charges due to lateness, broken items, etc. advise the renter that our office will be in touch
- Thank the renters and encourage them to come again
- Turn off A/C or heater system
- Lock all inside doors, including kitchen
- Set the alarm (if janitors are inside the building, let them know you are leaving and remind them to set the alarm
* Other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Able to pass a fingerprint background.
- Able to work a varied schedule, including weekends and or holidays.
- Able to move and or lift 25+ pounds
- Must be able to provide reliable transportation to and from work.
- Be self-motivated and able to work well independently with minimal direction.
- Be able to work as a professional team and collaborate effectively with peers.
- Have a consistent schedule and be able to work the shifts which you have applied.
Candidate must possess an American Red Cross CPR/AED & First Aid Certification within (3) months of employment. The City of Newark offers free classes for employees.
Proof of a negative TB test is required
Must be able to work a varied schedule, which includes weekends and some holidays:
Shifts currently available and which we are hiring are listed below:
Wednesday: 5:00 – 7:45 pm for Rental Hall Viewing
Saturday: 8:00 am – 10:00 pm (Shift varies based on rental contract time, min 7hrs)
This is a non-benefited, part-time, seasonal, temporary (PST) position. PST employees will only work 1,000 hours per year.