City of Pacifica
Invites you to apply for the position of:
CHILD CARE AIDE
The Child Care Division of the Parks, Beaches & Recreation Department of the City of Pacifica is recruiting for a part-time Child Care Aide. Immediate openings available!
The City of Pacifica’s Child Care Division is seeking Child Care Aides for immediate hiring. Ideal candidate will be available to work year round, Monday through Friday with varying shifts.
This position works with a Site Coordinator or Lead Teacher at a variety of pre-school or K-6/ K-8 school sites depending on program needs. The Child Care Aide is responsible for leading activities and supervision of small groups of children at a State-funded Title V program.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Assisting staff in implementing youth recreation activities, sports, arts, crafts, and other age-appropriate activities
- Maintaining discipline, site safety and observe the overall physical and emotional well-being of the program participants
- Interacting with parents, participants, school district and city employees in a professional manner
- Attending staff meetings and in-service trainnings as required
- Must be 18 years old and possess either a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Either have experience working with children or have completed Early Childhood Education (ECE) units
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with young children
- Reliability and ability to work as a productive team member
Prior to appointment, must pass a background check and fingerprint submission to the Department of Justice and State Licensing screening process, a TB test and immunizations. Interviews ongoing.
For more information contact Tracy Gilbert, Interim Child Care Supervisor at (650) 738-7388 or apply on-line at www.calopps.org (City of Pacifica). Only 100 applications will be accepted.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Ideal candidates will:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be a High school graduate or completed GED
- Have completed two (2) college units in early childhood education following initial employment.
- Enjoy working with children and actively interacting with them.
- Acknowledge the requirement to lift up to 50 pounds, sit in child size chairs and on the floor, and stand and walk for periods of time during the day.
This is a non-benefitted position.
Apply immediately, applications will be reviewed as they are submitted.
Immediate openings available. Apply today!