The Parks, Beaches and Recreation Department within the City of Pacifica works closely with the community providing programming to youth, seniors and all citizens. We strive to foster a collaborative atmosphere among staff while providing high quality programs, activities and events to the community and neighborhoods. We take pride in offering excellent community service while remaining adaptable and responsive to our residents' needs and expectations.
Currently, the Parks, Beaches and Recreation Department has an exciting opportunity for customer service orientated individuals to join our team as a Recreation Leader!
If interested, apply today!
WHAT DOES A RECREATION LEADER DO?
- Demonstrate recreation activities according to a prepared program
- Maintain a safe, fun environment
- Open, close and secure the centers
- Use their creativity to implement recreational programs
- Supervise and engage with the participants
- Other duties assigned
- Abilities to communicate and work effectively with staff.
- Ability to lead games, songs, arts, and crafts, sports, and large group projects throughout the summer.
- Minimum of 16 years of age at the time of appointment.
Must maintain a current CPR/AED and basic First Aid Certification or the ability to obtain within three months of employment.
Interested candidates must submit a completed online employment application in CalOpps.org. Resumes in lieu of a completed application will not be accepted. Applications can be obtained online at https://www.calopps.org/city-of-pacifica.
Applicants will be assessed on the application submitted. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications will be invited to interview.
Apply immediately, applications will be reviewed as they are submitted and interviews will be scheduled as needed. This position is open until filled and may close with minimal or no notice.
Human Resources has the right to revise this process as needed based on business needs.