The City of Pacifica is a beautiful coastal community, just south of San Francisco with an exciting opportunity. We are currently hiring for Maintenance Aides to join our team. Under general supervision, the Maintenance Aide will perform unskilled/semi-skilled labor and maintenance work.
At the City of Pacifica, we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. To us, equal opportunity employment is not just about compliance, it’s about who you are, how you can help our City and who you want to be. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and residents.
$16.00 - $20.00 per hour
This is a part-time, at-will, non-benefited position. Hours are limited to less than 1,000 hours per year.
BASIC EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs a variety of unskilled/semi-skilled maintenance or custodial duties involving manual labor of facilities, parks, storm drains, streets, etc.
- Load and unload supplies and materials.
- Assist in performing basic carpentry, painting, plumbing, and pipe-fitting work.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
The duties described in this job announcement are intended only as illustrations of the basic types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must possess a valid Class C California driver’s license at time of appointment.
Interested candidates must submit a completed online employment application in CalOpp.org. Resumes in lieu of a completed application will not be accepted. Applications can be obtained online at https://www.calopps.org/city-of-pacifica.
Applicants will be assessed on the application submitted. Applicants may be screened to the most qualified and invited to the next step in the recruitment process which may include a panel interview. The following information is provided for you to use as a reference and as a planning tool. Human Resources is unable to schedule make-up examinations.
- Applications received by October 7, 2019 will be invited to an interview to be conducted on October 17, 2019.
- Applications received by October 21, 2019 will be invited to an interview to be conducted on October 31, 2019.
This position is open until filled and may close without notice. Human Resources has the right to revise this process as needed based on business needs.