ABOUT THE POSITION
Under general supervision, to perform administrative, supervisory and technical work in supervising the Communications Division which includes Public Safety Dispatch and Police Records; provide technical knowledge to staff concerning rules and regulations regarding public records and court documents; process property evidence; do related work as assigned.
- Knowledge of: Principals, practices and techniques of operating a combined police and fire emergency communications center; rules and regulations concerning the maintenance of police and fire records; confidentiality of criminal history, juvenile records, and the various law enforcement data bases; the handling of court process; the care of property and evidence; and modern personnel practices.
- Ability to: Supervise, train and evaluate personnel; communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing; deal with very high stress emergency situations; develop and implement policies and procedures; deal appropriately with emotional and agitated individuals; properly interpret and make decisions in accordance with laws, regulations and policies.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent and thirty semester units (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university.
- Experience: Three years of increasing responsible experience performing duties comparable to those of a Public Safety Dispatcher with the Town of Paradise.
- Licenses: Valid Class C California driver’s license in conformance with established Town employee driving standards.
Plan, organize, direct, supervise and coordinate the activities of the Communications Division; assist in the formulation and implementation of departmental rules, regulations, policies and procedures; evaluation and train personnel; take minor disciplinary actions against personnel; develop effective work schedules and leave schedules; purchase supplies and materials in a cost effective manner; obtain repair and maintenance services; operate a multi-channel radio console; operate a variety of electronic devises common to law enforcement agencies; confer with the public both in person an via the telephone; receive, prioritize and schedule requests for governmental services; receive citizen complaints; maintain records, files and court process; carry out court ordered function; photograph and fingerprint individuals; search female prisoners; attend meetings, seminars, conferences and training sessions throughout the state; perform other duties as assigned.
Interested persons who meet the minimum qualifications are invited to submit the following (1) completed Town of Paradise Employment Application form (2) résumé (3) cover letter and (4) current DMV printout, in a sealed envelope to the following address:
Town of Paradise Human Resources
ATTN: Supervisor Testing
5555 Skyway, Paradise, CA 95969
Applications can be found at: https://www.townofparadise.com/index.php/jobs
FINAL FILING DATE
5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 28, 2019. Postmarks will not be accepted as proof of filing date.
Following a review of the applications, candidates who meet qualifications may be invited to participate in an oral board testing process. The successful candidate will be required to pass an extensive background check, consisting of credit and fingerprint check; pre-employment physical examination at the Town’s expense prior to appointment.
Benefits provided by the Town of Paradise pursuant to the Paradise Police Officers Association MOU for this position at the time of appointment will apply. The probationary period for this position is eighteen months. The following are current benefits:
- PERS retirement (2%@55 for current or past employees, 2%@60 for classic members, or 2%@62 for new members)
- Uniform Allowance $682/yr.
- School Incentive up to $215/mo.
- Certificate pay up to 5%
- Shift Differential 5% swing, 7.5% grave
- Sick Leave 96 hrs/yr.
- Vacation Leave Starts at 80 hrs/yr. + seniority
- Paid Holidays 13 days/yr.
- PERS Medical Plan*
- Met Life Dental*
- Superior Vision*
(*Some employee costs apply for health benefits)
- Long & Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance $100,000
- Longevity pay up to 7.5%
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $550/yr
- Gym Reimburse $90/quarter
- Retiree Medical
The information contained in this announcement is general in nature and does not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Employee benefits may vary with different employee bargaining units.