The City of Redwood City invites you to apply for the position of Casual Maintenance Custodian. Under the direction of the Custodial Supervisor, the Casual Maintenance Custodian serves as the worker in the duties of care, upkeep, and cleaning of assigned buildings and related facilities. The incumbent may be required to travel between several City buildings during their scheduled shift. This recruitment is to fill a position that has been designated to cover a night shift from 5 p.m., to 1:30 a.m., including weekends. This recruitment may also be used to fill similar casual positions through the City, shifts and schedules may vary, and may include daytime shifts as needed.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Sweep, vacuum, shampoo, mop, wax, strip, and polish floors.
- Dust and polish fixtures and equipment up to twelve feet from floor.
- Wash windows and doors up to twelve feet from floor.
- Clean desk and countertops if cleared of items.
- Empty and clean waste receptacles, place in appropriate outside bins. Move recycle bins in and out of assigned buildings as assigned.
- Clean and maintain restrooms in assigned buildings and facilities.
- Replace light bulbs up to twelve feet from floor.
- Lock and unlock doors; turn light and machines on and off; set alarms.
- Pick up papers and other debris and place in appropriate container.
- Maintain custodial supplies and equipment in each assigned building and facility.
- May perform or assist in performing minor and/or basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing and building maintenance work.
- Operate light duty equipment and machinery.
- Maintain effective communication utilizing email during each assigned shift.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
This is a non-benefited casual position. A casual employee may not work more than 1000 hours per fiscal year.
Please click on the PDF link below to review the complete job announcement.