The City of Redwood City, Police Department invites you to apply for the position of Records Supervisor. This non-sworn position performs a variety of supervisory, administrative, and technical duties associated with the activities of the Police Department’s Records Unit. This position provides staff assistance to, and receives general direction from, the Administrative Division Commander or his/her designee.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, organize, assign, and direct the work of clerical personnel in the performance of major police support functions in the Records Section to meet unit deadlines and needs.
- Direct maintenance of departmental record-keeping system in accordance with legal requirements, City and departmental policies and standards.
- Develop, implement and modify clerical and informational systems and procedures to improve operations and comply with changes in policy or new legislation.
- Research, collect data, and prepare a variety of comprehensive statistical and written reports as required.
- Assist in preparation of the Records Unit budget.
- Supervise the processing and maintenance of a variety of police reports and records.
- Monitor and ensure proper working conditions for all automated systems and programs for maximum efficiency and use.
- Monitor departmental cash handling procedures.
- Supervise inventory control and accountability for records.
- Serve as departmental Custodian of Records and appear in court as necessary.
- Supervise, train, evaluate, and schedule the work of employees.
- Resolve operational conflict between personnel and service recipients at the field level.
- Attend meetings and represent the Department as a liaison as required by the Division Commander.
- Work with local, state, and federal agencies in criminal justice matters related to accessing records.
- Work with other departmental personnel and the public in the areas of assigned functional responsibilities.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate has the knowledge of processing Public Records Act requests for distribution; will embrace the City’s emphasis on excellent customer service; will be a team player who can work independently with all members of the public; work collaboratively across the organization and establish, maintain and promote positive and effective working relationships with employees, and the public. The successful candidate will be a creative thinker, problem solver; will communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
Please click on the PDF link below to review the complete job announcement.
The successful candidate will enjoy the following benefits:
- Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) 2%@60 for current members, 2%@62 for new members
- Opportunity to select from a variety of health plans that are administered by PERS; Maximum City contribution is $1,673/month Dental & vision insurance Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation leave: l0-25 days per year
- Sick leave of 12 days per year
- Fourteen paid holidays per year
- Fitness center access at City facilities
- Commuter program available