ABOUT THE POSITION
The City of Redwood City’s Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department is looking for Recreation Leaders and Assistant Camp Directors who are interested in working 25-40 hours per week during the summer, planning, organizing and conducting basic recreation activities in a variety of settings selected by the Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, organize and conduct recreation activities for youth.
- Lead a variety of recreation activities which may include, but are not limited to: arts and crafts, organized games, sports, drama, social recreation and music/singing activities.
- Supervise recreation participants, insuring that proper safety precautions are observed in assigned activities and free play.
- Maintain and care for equipment; prepare activity calendars, bulletin boards, lesson plans and/or coaching strategies as appropriate to help promote and plan recreation activities effectively.
- Assist in organizing, promoting, directing and staffing special events.
- Report to supervisors orally and in writing.
- Complete assigned paperwork, such as timecards, attendance reports and/or incident and accident reports.
- Follow Departmental and Citywide rules and regulations as they relate to the supervision of recreation participants and general work procedures.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Assistant Camp Directors:
- Assist with developing meaningful training to prepare summer staff for their role as leaders.
- Assist the Camp Director in the day to day operation of camp, which includes camp planning of activities, field trips, parent communication, and may consist of opening and closing of camp.
- Oversee pre and post care when available at camp
- Provide superior customer service experience to campers, families, and volunteers including returning phone calls in a timely manner and communication via email.
- Attend all training and staff meeting
- Display a high level of motivation, integrity, customer service and professionalism
- Perform all related Recreation Leader duties and responsibilities as assigned
- In the absent of the Camp Director, fill in at that role.
Please click on the PDF link below to review the complete job announcement.