Under the general direction of the Internal Services Manager, the Data and Technology Services Supervisor oversees information systems, networks, GIS, SCADA, CMMS, Asset Management, and data quality to ensure the data integrity of information needed for reporting and decision making. Leads efforts to identify key issues/opportunities, conceptualize and model groundwater producers’ needs, formulate hypotheses and conduct analyses that provide critical business insights. Ensures that clear project objectives are devised and that timelines are met. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for conveying the results effectively through written and oral communication.
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES: This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed.
- Provide creative and strategic vision for the development of applications and online technologies to serve the needs of the District and the District’s stakeholders
- Oversee a team of IT staff supporting the District in data entry, GIS, database, internet/intranet and software developers, coordinating their work with other IT teams, internal line of business clients, and vendors to achieve organizational goals.
- Provide IT support functions to the District including the collection and reporting of data as well as internet/intranet and application development.
- Solve practical problems and deals with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Maintain current industry/technical knowledge base and facilitate/maintain industry relationships.
- Deliver training and communication of best practices to team members.
- Meet with end users, determine requirements, and develop solutions to meet those needs.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for database management including automation of manual processes, backup systems, database optimization, security, and ad hoc reporting.
- Standardize data naming, data definitions and modeling.
- Streamline data collection, business processes and analytic procedures to ensure fast access to metrics.
- Create and maintain thorough documentation artifacts.
- Identify and document data migration paths and processes.
- Collect, profile, collate, and map appropriate data including but not limited to pulling datasets, summarizing data, generating reports for usage in new or existing solutions and for performing ongoing data analysis activities.
- Ensure validity of all research by using sound methods of data collection and statistical analysis, selecting appropriate methodologies, developing and testing data collection instruments.
- Writing SQL queries in a MS SQL, MySQL, ERP, and Teradata environment across multiple platforms.
- Provide data pulls from multiple databases and provide summary of data into Excel pivot tables, charts, graphs, etc.
- Develop and implement procedures of data mining and cleansing.
- Develop and implement solutions to gather, process and present required reports.
- Develop processes and procedures for remote data collection via the internet/intranet.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the interrelationships of district data and multiple data domains.
- Develop methods for integrating different databases to deliver information to the District’s stakeholders and the public over the internet/intranet as required.
- Use software applications to analyze membership and survey data findings on an ongoing basis, maintain record keeping systems, and conduct data analysis to provide recommendations on best practices and process improvements related to outcomes.
- Develop analytics using demographic and demand data.
- Audit, uncover and resolve data integrity issues.
- Develop and perform standard queries to ensure data quality, identify data inconsistencies, missing data and resolve as needed.
- Develop and sync reports, dashboards, and processes to support business operations.
- Create and generate a schedule of regular reports.
- Assists with the development of an operational output model for measurement and reporting of progress towards District goals and objective.
- Interpret customer’s functional and information needs and prepare functional or data requirements, process models, etc.
- Demonstrate commitment to providing customer-focused quality service.
- Participate as a project manager and follow standard project management approach.
- Develop new technologies and applications to improve the needs of the District and to serve the District’s stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as deemed relevant based upon experience to fulfill customer needs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - Any combination equivalent to experience and training that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities would be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills, and abilities would be: Experience: Three (3) years of demonstrated experience in data analysis, data manipulation, and decision support; including two (2) years of supervisory experience OR oversight of contract staff. Experience working in water resources is desirable. Training: A Bachelor's degree, or equivalent college units. Major course work in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or Statistics/Mathematics, or a related field is highly desirable.
The benefits provided to all full-time employees of the Water Replenishment District of Southern California include: paid medical, dental, and vision; vacation, holidays and sick leave; life, short-term and long-term disability insurance; retirement through the California Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS) with Social Security; and deferred compensation plans (457(b) and a 401(a)). Further benefit details can be provided upon request.
Selection Process: Applications will be reviewed in detail to identify the most qualified candidates to interview. One or more selection interviews will be tentatively scheduled for September 22, 2017.
Application Procedure: To be considered for this exciting opportunity, candidates should apply through CalOpps.org. Please click on this link to Apply: www.calopps.org - Data and Technology Services Supervisor
Deadline to Apply: August 25, 2017
Additional inquiries about the position may be directed to Kay Randolph-Pollard, [email protected]. Neither Regional Government Services nor the Water Replenishment District of Southern California are responsible for failure of internet forms or email in submitting your application. Candidates with a disability who may require special assistance in any phase of the application or selection process should advise Human Resources; contact [email protected].
THE WATER REPLENISHMENT DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER