RGS is conducting a recruitment "on behalf of CCTA" for the position of Administrative Assistant. The Contra Costa Transportation Authority (CCTA), in Walnut Creek, CA is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Administrative Assistant. Under general direction, the incumbent provides administrative and operational support to the Deputy Executive Director, Planning, the Planning Team and the Clerk of the Board. The position will also provide general administrative support. The position is supervised by the Clerk of the Board.
This position calls for a skilled individual with a demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, work independently, prioritize tasks, and support multiple work assignments from various CCTA staff members. Work assignments include moderate and complex administrative tasks requiring ability to analyze data, prepare information and help the team make informed decisions. The position will require interaction with elected officials, community groups, other government agencies and the public. Strong organizational, time-management, technical and interpersonal skills are required.
- High school diploma or GED. BA/BS degree from an accredited college is desirable.
- Three (3) years of office administrative support experience.
- Public agency experience preferred.
- Experience working with elected officials is desired.
- Ability to lift or carry heavy objects up to 30 lbs. (i.e. food delivery, office supplies, file boxes, etc.)
CCTA is a special purpose regional government agency established in 1988 when Contra Costa voters approved a half percent sales tax for specified transportation programs and projects. This primary revenue source is forecasted to generate $2.72 billion through 2034. We are an organization of 20 fulltime employees, led by Randell Iwasaki, the Executive Director.
- Be ethical, self-motivated, creative, adaptable, organized and comfortable working in a dynamic and team oriented environment;
- Exercise sound judgment, tact, diplomatic demeanor and professionalism when providing exemplary customer service to members of the general public, elected officials, and colleagues;
- Coordinate on-going assigned activities, events and projects requiring independent thinking, analysis, creativity, and problem solving skills;
- Represent CCTA as a professional, poised and competent staff member at meetings, group settings, community events and public forums;
- Possess a background and knowledge of meeting agenda preparation, taking of minutes, meeting follow-up, working with an agenda management system, and Brown Act requirements or similar law;
- Work quickly, efficiently, and calmly under stressful conditions;
- Work well with other staff and maintain effective working relations;
- Effectively and professionally communicate orally and in writing;
- Have in-depth knowledge, experience and capabilities working with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work with large, complex documents in Microsoft Word, including using styles, foot notes, and track changes; and
- Have familiarity with local government planning and forecasting, a financial management system, an electronic document management system and other systems common in a contemporary office environment.
The starting salary will be commensurate with the experience, qualifications and skills of the successful candidate and within the range of $4,739 to $6,407 monthly.
CCTA also offers a competitive benefits package, including California Public Employees Retirement System pension, multiple HMO and PPO medical plan alternatives, dental, vision, life insurance, paid leave, commute incentives and continuing education.
To apply, follow this link https://www.calopps.org/regional-government-services/job-16712482
The deadline to apply is August 24, 2017 before 11:59 PM PST.
Candidates who are most qualified will be invited to an Oral Interview Examination the week of September 11th.
Additional inquiries about the position may be directed to Kay Randolph-Pollard [email protected]. Neither Regional Government Services nor the CCTA are responsible for failure of internet forms or email in submitting your application. Candidates with a disability who may require special assistance in any phase of the application or selection process should advise Human Resources by emailing [email protected].
The Contra Costa Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer