Regional Government Services is pleased to announce this recruitment for the Monterey Regional Airport
Operations Supervisor (Airport)
The Monterey Regional Airport is seeking a qualified candidate to join its Operations Department. Under general direction, the successful candidate will assist in planning, coordinating, and overseeing the airside and landside operational activities of the Airport. This position requires on-call duty assignments, including regularly scheduled work on weekends, holidays, and evenings. Strong communications skills and the ability to interact with multiple agencies, functional teams, and tenants are essential to this position.
- Assist the Operations Manager to plan, develop, organize and implement the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures that are necessary for efficient airport operations.
- Assists in the administration of the Airport I.D. badging system, including fingerprinting, and ACAMS (access control and monitoring system).
- Fields noise complaints; monitors tenant compliance associated with the Airport’s noise abatement program.
- Coordinates access to airport operations area.
- Assists in meeting the Airport’s security program requirements.
- Issues and tracks Prior Permission Requests.
- Assists with oversight of the Airport’s Ground Transportation Open-Entry Taxi and TCP programs.
- Performs inspections of runways, taxiways and parking aprons, airfield lighting.
- Performs security inspections in accordance with TSA security directives.
- Performs inspections as required by environmental programs.
- Issues Notices To Airmen (NOTAMS).
- Assists with the management of maintenance of roads, parking lots, lighting, traffic markings, buildings and other installations managed by the Airport.
- Maintains as liaison for project coordination involving other departments.
- Understands and implements measures from the FAR Part 139 Airport Certification Manual.
- General knowledge of Part 77, 139, TSR 1540 & 1542 and Advisory Circular 150 series.
- Provides administrative support for the Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan program, Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plan (SPCC), and Hazmat Business Plan. Performs inspections as required.
- Acts as the representative of the Airport to the public, outside agencies and intergovernmental relation activities, as directed.
- Provides on-call response (which may include nights, weekends and holidays) and is responsible to stand-by as needed with contractors who are working airside and/or landside.
- Responds to inquiries or complaints lodged by the public, tenants or users of the Airport.
- Maintains confidential or sensitive information in accordance with public law and guards against unauthorized release of confidential or sensitive information.
- Exercises authority in a firm and fair manner without causing unnecessary controversy and effectively brings resolution to incidents and violations.
- Bachelor’s degree in airport management, public administration or a closely related field preferred, and five years of increasingly responsible related aviation experience, OR any combination of training, experience and education that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
- Salary $53,331 - $79,221 annually
- Retirement – 2% at 55 Classic PERS members, or 2.0% at 62 for new members.
- The Airport participates in Social Security with employee contribution of 6.2%.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- The Airport contributes $100 per month into Cafeteria plan/Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for health care/dependent care expense reimbursements.
- Life Insurance - Airport provides $20,000 coverage.
- Paid holidays of 11 days per year.
- Vacation – 40 hours after six months, 80 hours per year after one year, 120 hours per year after 5 years, 160 hours per year after 10 years.
- Sick leave is accrued at same rate as vacation.
It is important to complete all required application materials. All applications will be screened for completeness and possession of minimum qualifications. Qualified applications will be reviewed in detail to identify the most qualified candidates to interview. One or more selection interviews may occur during the interview process. Additional pre-employment procedures include a background check and pre-employment testing in accordance with the Airport's drug/substance abuse policies.
First screening of applications will occur on May 21, 2018. This position will remain opened until filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply early.