The City of Rocklin is looking for a Housing Specialist for the Community Development Department to provide responsible professional and technical assistance in the development, administration, and implementation of assigned housing programs. The incumbent will perform a variety of professional and technical tasks relative to the assigned areas of responsibility. This includes existing home loans and affordability covenants, housing rehabilitation activities, coordination and reporting of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funded-projects, qualifying low income loan applications to determine eligibility and grant contract administrations of federal and state housing programs, along with other ongoing general planning associated with Long-Range Planning and Housing.
The ideal candidate should have the minimum qualifications:
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
•Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in related field, which may include, but is not limited to, Public Administrations, Geography, Liberal Arts, Social Services, English, or Social Sciences.
•2-3 years of experience in CDBG and Housing Analysis preferred.
A variety of plans are offered through CalPERS. The City contributes up to $1,200 per month to active employees and eligible retirees, and the employee pays the difference.
Dental and Vision
City-paid for employee and dependents.
Health Coverage Reduction Incentive
Employees with less than full family coverage for health, dental, and vision may receive incentive pay of $75 - $250 per month.
- Sick Leave: 12 sick days per year
- Vacation: 15 days for the first year, progresses up to 27 days based upon years of service
- Holidays: 10 paid holidays per year
Retirement - CalPERS (in accordance with Public Employees' Retirement Law)
- 2% @ 62 (PEPRA) Employees: Hired on or after January 1, 2013 with no prior membership with a California public retirement system or not eligible for reciprocity
- 2% @ 55 (Classic) Employees: Current CalPERS members or former CalPERS members without a break of service of more than 180 days.
Rocklin offers optional programs for employee participation (457 plans).
- Life Insurance and AD&D: City paid $50,000
- Long-Term Disability: Coverage is 50% of monthly salary up to $6,000 per month
Please submit your supplemental questionnaire with your application form.