The Custodian works under minimal supervision and incumbents are expected to perform the full realm of custodial duties, which include a variety of facility cleaning procedures and techniques.
The work schedule will be based on the needs of the department; working no more than 28 hours per week, not to exceed 999 hours in a fiscal year (July 1 thru June 30). The hours will be from 10:00 PM to 6:30 AM Sunday through Thursday. You may be asked to work any combination of days within that work week. This is a temporary at-will position and does not offer benefits. Hourly rate is determined based on experience.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Have the equivalent to the completion of the 12th grade.
- Have at least one year of experience of performing duties similar to a custodian.
- Must possess a current valid California driver license.
- Sweeps, mops, waxes, buffs, and polishes floors; cleans carpets and repairs carpet damage; dusts and polishes furniture, woodwork, fixtures, and equipment.
- Washes windows and walls; empties and cleans waste receptacles; cleans and maintains supplies in restrooms.
- Maintains proper standards of cleanliness in assigned areas.
- Operates a variety of electrical cleaning equipment; maintains and orders custodial equipment and supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Please answer the supplemental questionnaire and submit it with your application form.