The City of Rocklin is looking for a part-time Landscape Specialist (Senior Maintenance Worker) to assist in the Public Services Department. The work schedule will be based on the needs of the department, working no more than 28 hours per week, not to exceed 999 hours in a fiscal year (July 1st through June 30th). This is a temporary at-will position and does not offer benefits.
Positions assigned to Public Services may perform the following:
- Performs landscape tasks such as weed eating, pruning, trimming, and chipping.
- Power washes, paints, and stains items as instructed; performs graffiti removal.
- Performs general cleaning, including trash removal of City streetscapes.
- Assists with irrigation repairs, systems checks, flagging, trenching, and digging.
- Assists with installs and repairs on fencing as well as City amenities such as picnic tables, benches, signs, etc.
- Assists with concrete install and safety grinding.
- Assists with landscape install and maintenance.
- Methods, tools, materials, and equipment used in grounds maintenance.
- Methods, tools, materials, and equipment used in the maintenance, repair, and installation of water irrigation systems.
- Facilities, construction, and repair work and methods, including minor carpentry, pipe fitting, painting, and cement work.
- Basic principles and practices of recordkeeping.
- Safe work methods and safety regulations pertaining to the work.
- Safely use grounds maintenance, construction, and irrigation tools and equipment.
- Maintain hand tools and assigned equipment.
- Complete forms, and maintain logs and related records.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Use independent judgment and initiative in daily work activities.
- Experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have the equivalent to the completion of the 12th grade
- Must possess a current valid California Driver’s License
- Must be able to independently lift 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals on a case-by-case basis.
- While always welcome, a resume will not be accepted in lieu of an official City application. The application must be completed in its entirety.