FINAL FILING DATE: We are accepting applications on a continuous basis. PERS Retired Annuitants are not eligible to apply.
IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the temporary and part-time position of Soccer Official in the Parks, Recreation & Libraries Department.
To perform a variety of duties related to officiating soccer games or tournaments.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES - Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Officiate games or tournaments; enforce appropriate official rules and regulations of games in an efficient manner.
- Maintain discipline, fair play courtesy, self-control and congenial relations among coaches, player and spectators.
- Ensure that game courts, fields and equipment are in proper and safe playing condition; make pre-game check of possible physical hazards.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records.
- Assist, educate and train players and coaches.
- Promote and enforce safety procedures; render first aid and CPR, if certified, as required.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Current soccer official rules.
- Practices and methods of public relations and customer service; techniques and principles of effective interpersonal communication.
- Principles and techniques of first aid and CPR.
- Report writing techniques.
- On a continuous basis, know and understand all aspects of the game; observe game in progress; run, walk, stand, twist, and reach while officiating; throw the ball to game participants; blow whistle at appropriate times; observe good safety practices.
- Intermittently, lift, carry or move soccer equipment of 20 pounds or less.
- Respond to emergency situations in a calm and effective manner; administer first aid and CPR, if certified.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
- Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Interpret policies and procedures.
- Communicate tactfully with customers.
Experience and Training
- Playing and/or officiating adult soccer games and/or tournaments.
- Ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance.
License or Certificate
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, CPR and First Aid certificates.
- Possession of USSF Level 8 certificate.
Necessary Special Requirement
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
1. Please describe your experience with officiating U16 and/or older league/tournament play.
2. Do you possess a USSF Level 8 Certificate?
Applications will be screened by the Human Resources Department for minimum qualifications. Qualifying applicants may be contacted by the Department to interview. Final appointment is contingent upon a check of past employment references, passing a City-paid pre-employment medical exam, a drug and alcohol screening test, and a fingerprint check.