STREET SWEEPER OPERATOR
SALARY: $3795.60 to $5340.79 monthly (26 pay periods annually)
FINAL FILING DATE: We are accepting applications until 5 pm on July 25, 2018.
IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the Regular and Full-time position of Street Sweeper Operator in the Public Works Department. The normal work schedule is Monday - Friday, a flexible schedule may be available. This is a Night Shift position.
The City of Roseville promotes a no smoking atmosphere.
To operate a heavy motor broom and vacuum street sweeper on an assigned route; and to maintain clean City streets, parking lots, gutters, islands, and alleyways.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from the Street Maintenance Supervisor; and receives technical and functional supervision from a Senior Street Maintenance Worker.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES - Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Operate heavy vacuum, broom type motor-driven street sweepers; clean streets, parking lots, gutters, islands, and alleyways on assigned routes; prevent damage to sweeper, street structures, automobiles or pedestrians.
- Inspect equipment during operation and make minor operating adjustments; change or assist in changing and rebuilding pickup and gutter brooms, main brooms and center boards.
- Remove hazards from roadway; report unsafe roadway conditions and report deceased animals found on route to supervisor or appropriate staff when needed.
- Answer questions and concerns and provide information to the public as necessary.
- Maintain vehicle and equipment operations by daily checking of fuel, oil, grease, radiator, water tank, air cleaner and tires; check sweeper for even wear of brooms.
- Clean and wash equipment at end of each shift.
- Maintain a variety of logs and reports including miles swept per day.
- May operate other equipment such as hoist truck, dump truck, front loader, boom truck, flail or rotary type mower, patch truck and other equipment while assisting street repair and maintenance operations.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the pubic using principles of good customer service.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Operation of various types of heavy trucks, street-cleaning, water truck and other automotive equipment.
- Hazards and applicable safety rules and precautions in heavy-equipment operations.
- Traffic laws, ordinances and rules; basic rules and operations of a two-way radio.
- Operate equipment skillfully, safely and in accordance with traffic laws and regulations.
- On a continuous basis, know and understand assignment.
- On a continuous basis, get in/out of vehicle all day; sit in assigned vehicle or equipment for prolonged periods of time; bend, squat, climb, kneel, twist and reach when operating equipment controls or installing parts; perform simple power grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation; and lift or carry weight of 50 pounds or less.
- Learn City geography; detect needed repairs and make necessary adjustments.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Experience and Training
- One year of responsible experience in operating heavy equipment or one year of responsible experience similar to a Street Maintenance Worker II for the City of Roseville.
- Formal or informal education or training which ensures the ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance.
License or Certificate
- Possession of a valid California Class B driver's license with a tanker endorsement by date of appointment.
- Your responses to questions 2-3, the applicant’s education, training and experience, will be scored using a pre-determined formula. Your responses to these questions must be consistent with your employment application information. This experience must also be described in the “Work Experience" section of this application. Responses to the supplemental questionnaire that are inconsistent from your “Work Experience” section in the application will not be scored. I understand and agree with the above instructions.
- Was any of the work experience listed on your application an unpaid internship, or volunteer work? If so, please list below which ones.
- How many years do you have driving a Street Sweeper?
- Less than 1 year
- 1-2 Years
- 2-3 Years
- 3-4 Years
- 4-5 Years
- 5+ Years
- Do you possess a valid California Class B driver’s License with a Tanker Endorsement?
- Please list your valid California Class B driver’s License with a Tanker Endorsement number with expiration date.
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications will have their Supplemental Questionnaire scored in the Formula Rate Examination. Based upon responses to the supplemental application question 2, the applicant’s responses will be evaluated using a pre-determined formula. Scores from this evaluation will determine applicant ranking and placement on the Employment List. Final promotional appointment is contingent upon having successfully passed a City-paid pre-employment medical exam specific for the position for which applied.
THE CITY OF ROSEVILLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. IF YOU REQUIRE AN ACCOMMODATION DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT LEAST 5 WORKING DAYS BEFORE A SCHEDULED INTERVIEW/EXAMINATION PROCESS. MEDICAL DISABILITY VERIFICATION MAY BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO ACCOMMODATION.