FINAL FILING DATE: We are accepting applications until 5:00 pm on March 6, 2020.
IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the Regular and Full-time position of Database Analyst I in the Information Technology Department. There are currently three (3) vacancies in the Information Technology department, please see the job flyer for more information on the positions. The list established from this recruitment may be used to fill and future full-time, limited term, or part-time vacancies. The normal work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8 am–5 pm; a flex schedule may be available.
The City of Roseville promotes a no smoking atmosphere.
For more details on the position, please see the attached job flyer.
- Your responses to questions 2-8, the applicant’s education, training and experience, will be scored using a pre-determined formula. Your responses to these questions must be consistent with your employment application information. This experience must also be described in the “Work Experience" section of this application. Responses to the supplemental questionnaire that are inconsistent from your “Work Experience” section in the application will not be scored. I understand and agree with the above instructions.
2. Was any of the work experience listed on your application an unpaid internship, or volunteer work? If so, please list below which ones.
3. How many years of experience do you have performing duties related to Database administration, Integrations, Business Intelligence or Open Data?
- Less than 2 years
- 2 to 3 years
- 3 to 4 years
- 4 to 5 years
- 5+ Years
4. Will you accept part-time, temporary work?
5. Please indicate which database analyst position(s) you are applying for:
- Part time 1500 hour per year- Database Administration
- Limited term – Open Data
- Full time – Database Analyst
6. Describe your knowledge, skill, or ability in one or more of the following areas. In so doing, please provide any relevant work experience and specific examples that demonstrate your competency. Note: it is not required to respond to all areas listed below:
- Business Intelligence
- Database Administration
- Enterprise GIS Administration
- System Integration
- Open Data
7. As part of your Data Analyst role, you will be working closely with vendors, analysts, and customers throughout the City. Give an example of how you have collaborated to make a project successful.
8. Please list your completed education from an accredited college or university. List the degree, major and institution.
The following options apply to the evaluation of college degrees from countries outside the United States:
- Educational background from a foreign country may be evaluated by an accredited United States college or university listed on the U.S. Department of Education Database of Accredited Post-Secondary Institutions and Programs website.
- Verification of degree equivalency may be obtained from organizations that provide foreign education credential evaluation services. The City of Roseville will accept verification from any of listed member agencies found at www.naces.org
- A copy of the foreign credential evaluation verification must be attached to the employment application.
- Applicants who do not provide this verification will be eliminated from further consideration.