The City of Roseville seeks a Power Engineering Manager who is a visionary leader in the electric industry to lead the Engineering Division of the City’s Electric Utility. We are looking for candidates with a strong background in electrical engineering, who are also people focused, proactive and solutions oriented. This position will oversee 16 staff, and a combined annual operating and capital budget between $15 – 25 million. The ideal candidate will have a background in overseeing day to day operations of an electric utility, while also fostering a culture of safety, innovation, and collaboration. If you are looking for a rewarding position that has a daily impact on the community, in an organization that is forward thinking, fiscally sound, and focused on providing the best services for its constituents, then this is the job for you.
Please see attached brochure.
Save the Dates:
- 7/8/2020 - First application cut-off
- 7/15/2020 - First round of interviews
- Additional interviews will be conducted as ideal candidates apply.
The Power Engineering Manager will balance hands-on technical oversight with an ability to lead and inspire staff, and ensures a safe working environment that delivers high quality services to the City’s power customers. We are looking for a visionary leader in the electric industry who can effectively balance the engineering and operation’s needs, while fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and teamwork. This position also serves on several Joint Powers Agency committees and coordinates with other local agencies, (including managing relationships, presenting to relevant boards, etc.). The ideal candidate must have a strong ability to build and maintain relationships, communicate effectively, proactively anticipate and adapt to challenges, and be a creative problem solver.
Background and Education:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, preferably with major course work in electric power engineering or a related field.
- Five years of increasingly responsible professional engineering experience related to electric utility operations, including two years of supervisory responsibility.
- Possession of a certificate of registration as a Professional Electrical Engineer in any state, and in the State of California within 18 months of appointment is desirable.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license by date of appointment.
This is an open continuous recruitment, apply immediately for consideration, by completing an application and attaching your cover letter and resume. You may simply put “see resume” in the experience portion of the City application form.
*Please make sure to attach a copy of your Professional Electrical Engineer Certification in the space provided.
The following options apply to the evaluation of college degrees from countries outside the United States:
- Educational background from a foreign country may be evaluated by an accredited United States college or university listed on the U.S. Department of Education Database of Accredited Post-Secondary Institutions and Programs website.
- Verification of degree equivalency may be obtained from organizations that provide foreign education credential evaluation services. The City of Roseville will accept verification from any of listed member agencies found at www.naces.org
- A copy of the foreign credential evaluation verification must be attached to the employment application.
- Applicants who do not provide this verification will be eliminated from further consideration.