FINAL FILING DATE: We are accepting applications until closing at 5:00 pm, September 23, 2020
IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the Regular and full-time position of Finance Utility Billing Analyst II in the Finance Department. The normal work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00 am –5:00 pm; a flex schedule may be available.
The City of Roseville promotes a no smoking atmosphere.
The City of Roseville (COR) incorporates the following Core Competencies as part of the City’s culture:
- Focus on people: Develop and deliver service-oriented solutions that meet or exceed expectations.
- Build trust: Ensure honesty and integrity to gain confidence and support of others.
- Ensure accountability: Take responsibility for the outcomes of one’s own work and foster a sense of ownership in others.
- Communicate effectively: Deliver clear, concise messages and actively listen to ideas and questions.
- Collaborate inclusively: Build effective working partnerships, alliances, and teams.
- Make quality decisions: Make sound, timely decisions and recommendations.
- Be adaptable/agile: Change approach or methods to best fit the situation and effectively balance competing priorities.
To perform complex analytical and technical duties in support of utility financial systems including the application of business and technology solutions to improve and enhance business systems and applications; to perform table configuration and maintenance of software systems used to support business application; and to support system upgrades and updates and participate in the testing of such.
This is the journey level class within the Finance Utility Billing Analyst series and is distinguished from the I level by the assignment of the full range of duties. Employees at this level receive only occasional instruction or assistance as new, unusual or unique situations arise and are fully aware of the operating procedures and policies within the work unit. Positions in this class are flexibly staffed and are normally filled by advancement from the I level.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives direction from assigned management or supervisory personnel. May exercise technical and functional supervision over lower level professional and direct supervision over technical and administrative support personnel.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES - Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain and modify system table configurations to support on-going business needs; design and develop customer reports to support and enhance business needs and the use of enterprise applications.
- Lead and participate is projects to examine, define and modify business processes; serve as technical resource for the planning and execution of projects; plan and participate in the testing of new and/or modified systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve application software problems and issues for business unit applications; collaborate with Information Technology staff on system issues.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to apply technology to improve and enhance business unit functions and processes.
- Perform financial analyses of utility information; assist with general accounting duties including balancing financial transactions, assisting with budget preparation, and performing data collection for the production of financial reports.
- Design, develop and prepare financial and statistical reports as required by City Council, management and outside agencies.
- Perform financial analysis and provide technical support in the building, development, testing and application of utility rates.
- Provide technical support and training to users; document business application solutions to meet business requirements.
- Answer questions and provide information to the public, via telephone, e-mail, and written correspondence; investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaint.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Modern office equipment and methods including use of computer applications in word processing, spreadsheet, database, and graphic presentation.
- Automated accounting and information systems.
- Statistical research and analysis techniques.
- Data analysis and research methods.
- Principles of data management.
- Methods for financial recordkeeping and general ledger reconciliation.
- Troubleshooting techniques as it relates to enterprise business applications.
- Principles and practices of project management.
- Principles and practices of business analysis including requirements analysis and solutions assessment.
- Methods and techniques for application development and integration.
- Principles of data retrieval and reporting.
- On a continuous basis, know and understand all aspects of the job. Intermittently analyze work papers, reports and special projects; identify and interpret technical and numerical information; observe and problem solve operational and technical policy and procedures.
- On a continuous basis, sit at desk for long periods of time. Intermittently twist to reach equipment surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone, and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means; and lift or carry weight of 10 pounds or less.
- Learn applicable Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Learn specialized business unit work processes.
- Apply accounting principles to the analysis of financial and accounting transactions and audit of financial records.
- Use automated accounting and information systems.
- Research, analyze and resolve technical administrative issues.
- Analyze large and complex sets of data.
- Work with and maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Independently perform professional duties in the analysis of accounting and financial business processes and maintenance and testing of enterprise application systems.
- Analyze, evaluate and integrate business and/or systems processes and procedures to improve current practices and develop effective solutions.
Experience and Training
Two years of responsible experience performing duties similar to that of a Finance Utility Billing Analyst I with the City of Roseville (performing complex analytical and technical duties in support of utility financial systems including the application of business and technology solutions to improve and enhance business systems and applications; performing table configuration and maintenance of software systems used to support business application; and supporting system upgrades and updates and participate in the testing of such).
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in business administration, public administration, computer science, finance or a related field.
License or Certificate
Possession of a valid California driver’s license by date of appointment.
- Your responses to questions 2-4, the applicant’s education, training and experience, will be scored using a pre-determined formula. Your responses to these questions must be consistent with your employment application information. This experience must also be described in the “Work Experience" section of this application. Responses to the supplemental questionnaire that are inconsistent from your “Work Experience” section in the application will not be scored. I understand and agree with the above instructions.
- Was any of the work experience listed on your application an unpaid internship, or volunteer work? If so, please list below which ones.
- How many years of experience do you have performing complex analytical and technical duties in support of utility financial systems including the application of business and technology solutions to improve and enhance business systems and applications; performing table configuration and maintenance of software systems used to support business application; and supporting system upgrades and updates and participating in the testing of such)?
- Less than 2 years
- 2-3 Years
- 3+ Years
- How many years of utility billing experience do you have?
- Less than 1 year
- 1+ Years
- Please provide information about your education and experience as it relates to the Finance Utility Billing job specification.
- Please provide your experience supporting front end users and troubleshooting issues. Including software supported and types of tasks completed.
- Please provide your experience with any report writing, including any programs or software used.
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications will have their application scored in a Formula Rate Examination. The applicant’s experience and education will be evaluated using a pre-determined formula. Scores from this evaluation will determine applicant ranking and placement on the Employment List. Supplemental questions will be utilized by the department hiring authority to make interview and selection determinations. Final appointment is contingent upon a check of past employment references, passing a City-paid fingerprint check and depending on position applied for a pre-employment medical exam and a drug and alcohol screening test.
THE CITY OF ROSEVILLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. IF YOU REQUIRE AN ACCOMMODATION DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT LEAST 5 WORKING DAYS BEFORE A SCHEDULED INTERVIEW/EXAMINATION PROCESS. MEDICAL DISABILITY VERIFICATION MAY BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO ACCOMMODATION.
The following options apply to the evaluation of college degrees from countries outside the United States:
- Educational background from a foreign country may be evaluated by an accredited United States college or university listed on the U.S. Department of Education Database of Accredited Post-Secondary Institutions and Programs website.
- Verification of degree equivalency may be obtained from organizations that provide foreign education credential evaluation services. The City of Roseville will accept verification from any of listed member agencies found at www.naces.org
- A copy of the foreign credential evaluation verification must be attached to the employment application.
Applicants who do not provide this verification will be eliminated from further consideration.