Library Supervisor II – Eligibility List
Pay Range: $34.37-$46.06 per hour
Application Deadline: 5pm Thursday, October 18, 2018
Sacramento Public Library is seeking candidates for our Library Supervisor II position. If you are committed to public service, comfortable with providing programming for all ages, and want the opportunity to grow in a supervisory career path, this is an excellent opportunity for you. We are creating a new eligibility list that will be used to staff Library Supervisor II openings that occur in the next 6-12 months.
As the fourth largest library system in the state of California, Sacramento Public Library has been serving the Sacramento region for almost 150 years. We embrace our California roots, weaving technology and innovation into the fabric of the services we provide the community.
The public has taken notice of our success, whether for starting the I Street Press, a publishing center that helps aspiring writers get their stories out, or hosting an annual summit focused on the necessity of play to nurture children. The Library of Things, which checks out guitars, synthesizers, lawn equipment, sewing machines, cameras and more available to the public, has been the focus of media attention, helping the community to discover the library in new ways — discoveries that lead to learning opportunities, which in turn lead to personal and community growth.
Sacramento Public Library is sought-after because of our focus on innovation, the quality of our programming and our commitment to not just provide services, but to meet community members where they need it most. We hope you’ll join us on our journey to inspire the community to discover, learn and grow.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited college or university;
- Two years’ experience as a professional librarian, preferably in area of specialization or assignment, including one year in a supervisory capacity.
Fluency in a foreign language is a plus!
Experience providing programs to youth preferred
If you have questions regarding this posting please contact: Sacramento Public Library Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-264-2758.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate an affinity for serving people of all ages. You must be passionate about establishing community partnerships, enjoy serving a diverse population base and have a passion for libraries and the powerful impact they can have on a community.
If you are a leader that possesses excellent customer service skills; are flexible, engaged, creative and committed, we’d love to hear from you. Bilingual is a PLUS! We pay 5% more to qualified supervisors.
Some of our benefits include:
• Choice of benefits from: Western Health Advantage, Sutter Health Plus or Kaiser
• Delta Dental plan options
• VSP Vision Plan options
• Short-Term Disability
• Employer Paid Retirement Health Savings Plan
• Library Paid Life insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Recognition Program
• California Public Employment Retirement System (CalPERS)
• Tuition Reimbursement
• 12 Holiday’s and 1 Float day
• Optional Legal Shield/Identity Theft protection
• Optional ICMA 457 Deferred Compensation
• Optional AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
PLUS: 5% bilingual pay for qualified employees
For consideration for the Library Supervisor II eligibility list, please complete the following by 5pm Thursday, October 18, 2018 deadline:
1. Complete the Calopps.org application including supplemental questions
2. Attach/Upload a PDF. of your a.) cover letter b.) contact information for 3 professional references (including your current supervisor) and c.) resume
3. Proof of graduation will be required prior to any interview. You may submit with your application (preferred).
Deadline to submit: 5:00pm on October 18, 2018
If you have problems attaching the required documents, or have questions, send an email prior to the filing deadline to: email@example.com or 916-264-2758.
A complete DOJ/FBI background check, degree verification and employment references will be completed as part of the hiring process.