Apply by 5pm on Thursday January 24, 2019
$23.46 -$31.44 per hour (DOQ)
Non-exempt, Union Represented, Full Time
The Sacramento Public Library continues to transform the library into our community’s most valued resource. We are seeking dynamic, creative, forward thinking candidates for our Volunteer Coordinator position.
The Volunteer Coordinator oversees volunteer services for the entire Sacramento Public Library system which includes 28 libraries. The successful Volunteer Coordinator is a strong and effective communicator with proven skills in managing projects, coordinating volunteers and program planning and assessment. The Volunteer Coordinator will be part of a dynamic and growing library service, is flexible, and is energized by change. The candidate approaches work with a sense of possibility and sees challenges as opportunities for creative problem solving. A strong sense of humor is essential, and our organizational values of trust, integrity, respect, and excellence should resonate with the successful candidate’s personal values.
The Sacramento Public Library is the fourth largest library system in California, serving more than 1.4 million residents in the City and County of Sacramento, including the incorporated cities of Citrus Heights, Elk Grove, Isleton, and Rancho Cordova. The system is a Joint Powers Authority, governed by a 15 member board comprised of elected officials from each of the member jurisdictions, with representation based on each jurisdiction's population. The Authority operates 28 libraries, including the Central Library in downtown Sacramento, has over 300 staff members, contains a collection of 1.5 million volumes and an annual budget of $37 million. More than 700 thousand residents have library cards and 8 million items are circulated annually. The Library welcomes more than 4 million visitors annually. This is a great opportunity for qualified applicants.
- Associate of Arts (AA) degree required. Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree is preferred AND
- An AA degree with 3 full time years' experience working with volunteers , or a BA/BS degree and 1 full time year experience working with volunteers.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Proven skills in managing projects, coordinating volunteers, program planning and assessment
- A sense of humor, is flexible and energized by change
- See challenges as opportunities for creative problem solving
- 5% bilingual pay for qualified candidates
This is a full time represented opportunity with benefits. Some of our benefits include:
• Choice of medical benefits from: Western Health Advantage, Sutter Health Plus or Kaiser
• 2 different Delta Dental plans
• 2 VSP Vision Plan Options
• Employer Paid Life Insurance
• Retirement Health Savings Plan
• Optional ICMA 457 Deferred Compensation
• Optional AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
• Optional Legal Shield/Identity Theft Protection
• Recognition Program
• California Public Employment Retirement System (CalPERS)
• Tuition Reimbursement
For consideration for the Volunteer Coordinator position, please complete the following by 5pm Thursday, January 24, 2019 deadline:
1. Complete the Calopps.org application including supplemental questions
2. Attach/Upload a PDF. of your a.) cover letter b.) contact information for 3 professional references (including your current supervisor) and c.) resume
3. Proof of graduation will be required prior to any interview. You may submit with your application (preferred).
If you have problems attaching the required documents, or have questions, send an email prior to the filing deadline to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-264-2758. Due to the large amount of applications received, we will only be able to accept completed applications received by the January 24, 2019 deadline.
A complete DOJ/FBI background check, degree verification and employment references will be completed as part of the hiring process.