Library Supervisor III (Eligibility List)
Bilingual Preferred but not required
Non Exempt, Represented, Full- Time
$80,995-$108,555 per year (DOQ)
Applications will be reviewed continuously starting December 8, 2020 for the eligibility list. Additionally, we have 1 immediate opening at our Central Library.
The Library Supervisor III is the most senior supervisory classification and oversees more complex library operations. This recruitment will be used to establish an eligibility list for current and future Library Supervisor III openings that occur within the next 12 months. We currently have Library Supervisor III openings.
Plans, organizes, and supervises the operations of a medium to large branch library, a Central library division, or a major system function, such as collection management; ensures that the library provides community-focused services through outreach and partnerships; provides supervision and leadership to unit or branch staff.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited college or university
• Three (3) full-time years’ experience as a professional librarian with two (2) of the years in a supervisory capacity
• Experience providing programs to youth and fluency in a foreign language is desirable
If you have questions regarding this posting please contact: Sacramento Public Library Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-264-2758
Sacramento Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The ideal candidate has a passion for public libraries and the surrounding communities the library serves. In addition to demonstrating a commitment to public library service for the community, the ideal candidate embraces new challenges; has strong and effective communication skills; builds collaborative partnerships and demonstrates effective leadership.
Some of our benefits include:
• Choice of benefits from: Western Health Advantage, Sutter Health Plus or Kaiser
• Delta Dental plan options
• VSP Vision plan options
• Short-Term Disability
• Employer Paid Retirement Health Savings Plan
• 20,000 Library Paid Life insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Recognition Program
• California Public Employment Retirement System (CalPERS)
• 12 Holiday’s and 1 Float day
• Optional Legal Shield/Identity Theft protection
• Optional ICMA 457 Deferred Compensation
• Optional AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
PLUS: 5% bilingual pay for qualified employees
How to Apply:
1. Complete the Calopps.org application including supplemental questions.
2. Attach one document in PDF format which includes: 1. Cover letter, 2. Resume and 3. Contact information for 3 professional references including your current supervisor.
3. A PDF copy of your Master's degree is required prior to an interview and preferred at time of application.
Applications will be reviewed continuously starting December 8, 2020..
If you have problems attaching the required documents or have questions, send an email prior to the filing deadline to email@example.com or 916-264-2758.
NOTE: A complete DOJ/FBI background check and employment references will be completed as part of the hiring process.