The Sacramento Public Library is looking for a Payroll Specialist to support the Human Resources Department.
If you are a person of integrity, collaborative in nature, customer service oriented, tech savvy, enjoy payroll and enjoy a fast paced and challenging work environment this may be the perfect fit.
This is a non-exempt, unrepresented, confidential full-time position.
Open until filled!
Minimum education requirements: Any combination of equivalent education and experience that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities required would be:
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or equivalent or related field; and
- Three years or more relevant payroll related accounting experience, including experience with automated payroll processing systems, or equivalent technical training, education, and/or experience.
- Valid Class C California Driver License and proof of insurance is required
- Public Sector experience is desirable
- Eden Financial Management Software experience is desirable.
The Sacramento Public Library is the fourth largest library system in California, serving more than 1.4 million residents in the City and County of Sacramento, including the incorporated cities of Citrus Heights, Elk Grove, Isleton, and Rancho Cordova. The system is a Joint Powers Authority, governed by a 15 member board comprised of elected officials from each of the member jurisdictions, with representation based on each jurisdiction's population. The Authority operates 28 libraries, including the Central Library in downtown Sacramento and has over 300 staff members, contains a collection of 1.5 million volumes and has an annual budget of $50 million. More than 700 thousand residents have library cards and 8 million items are circulated annually. The Library welcomes more than 4 million visitors annually. This is a great opportunity for qualified applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In addition to meeting the qualifications for the position, the ideal candidate is a self-starter, has a positive attitude and work ethic, takes initiative, works well independently as well as in a team environment, and has excellent customer service and communication skills. Candidate must be detail oriented and be able to work with a high degree of accuracy and at the same time be able to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
Some of our benefits include:
- Choice of benefits from: Western Health Advantage, Sutter Health Plus or Kaiser
- Delta Dental plan options
- VSP Vision Plan options
- Short-Term Disability
- Employer Paid Retirement Health Savings Plan
- Library Paid Life insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- California Public Employment Retirement System (CalPERS)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 12 Holiday’s and 1 Float day
- Optional Legal Shield/Identity Theft Protection
PLUS: 5% bilingual pay for qualified employees.
Review of applications will begin November 22nd. Consideration for the Payroll Specialist position requires the following:
• Complete the www.Calopps.org application;
• Paste your resume in the Resume portion of the application;
• Attach the following documents:
1. Cover letter
2. Educational documents (College/University Diploma and/or transcript)
3. Professional references (3 minimum)
A complete DOJ/FBI background check and employment references will be completed as part of the hiring process.