The City of Salinas Police Department invites motivated men and women seeking a challenging career in law enforcement to apply for the Police Officer Lateral position. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with the desire to serve the Salinas community and be a part of a hard working team that is at the leading edge of law enforcement.
THE DEPARTMENT: The Salinas Police Department has an authorized staff of 170 sworn and 55 non-sworn personnel, with an annual budget of $47 million. The Department is responsible for providing a full range of crime prevention and law enforcement services to a diverse community of approximately 161,042 residents. The Department responds to an average of 8,700 calls for service each month.
THE POSITION: Becoming a Salinas Police Officer represents an outstanding employment opportunity for dedicated and career-minded men and women.
A Police Officer under direction, utilizes specialized training and equipment to protect life and property by enforcing laws and preventing crimes. Performs related special assignments and other work as assigned.
• Possess a California P.O.S.T. Basic Certificate or above*
• One-year experience in a municipal or general law enforcement agency
• Applicants who have three or more years “break in service” from a P.O.S.T certified agency: Must provide a copy of their P.O.S.T Requalification Certificate* and WSTB*
• High School Diploma or GED
• Be at least 21 years of age at time of appointment
• Must be a U.S. citizen or have applied for citizenship before application for Police Officer
• Possess a valid California Driver License
*REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: Must be submitted at the time of application as a single PDF file or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via fax to (831) 758-7941. Applications will be considered incomplete without required documents. Certificates must be valid within twelve months prior to application. All documents submitted become the property of the City of Salinas and will not be returned or photocopied. Please only submit the required documents requested; all other information will be discarded.
For more information on salary, benefits, duties, testing and job requirements, please see the attached job announcement.
Copy of a California P.O.S.T. Basic, Intermediate or Advanced Certificate must be submitted at time of application.