CATV PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
Part-Time Temporary (No Benefits*)
$16.46 to $22.00 per hour (Dependent on Experience)
Learn by doing!
Hands on experience in this unique TV station!
Become a Production Assistant for San Bruno Cable and learn by doing, while gaining hands-on experience in this unique TV station!
A flexible schedule is necessary to videotape meetings and programs during the day. Production Assistants must also be available Tuesday evenings for City meetings and may be required to work multiple evenings per month. Office and prep hours may be scheduled as mutually agreeable. Responsibilities includes all aspects of video production, some editing, and office work, such as scheduling programming and programming message board.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic learner who wants a career in television production. This is a unique opportunity to operate cameras, set up lights, troubleshoot, edit, program, and more!
The ideal candidate is a self-starting, independent, and positive individual capable of working in a busy team-oriented public service environment. Candidate should possess one (1) year prior experience in a video production setting.
- Possession of, and ability to maintain, a valid California driver's license plus personal transportation to production locations
- Familiarity with the workings of local government and an interest in government highly desirable
In addition, the ideal candidate will have a successful track record of the following:
- Having a basic level of technical, functional, and/or professional skill or knowledge in production-related areas.
- Conveying/relating information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups.
- Identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Placing a high priority on the (internal or external) customer’s perspective when making decisions and taking action; implementing service practices that meet the customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Effectively manage one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
How to Apply
Applications may be submitted online at www.calopps.org. The City of San Bruno utilizes a merit-based selection system. Such a system is competitive and based on broad outreach efforts and equal opportunity for qualified applicants to take part in a process designed to determine the qualifications, fitness and ability of competitors to perform duties of the position.
What happens next?
We will review your application and all supplemental materials to select the best qualified applicants to continue in the process. Screening will include a review of qualifications, application appraisal rating of education, training and experience and relevance of background qualifications related to the target job as well as supplemental questions if applicable. Applicants selected to move forward in the process may be asked to participate in any combination of the following (at any phase of the selection process): a written examination, job-related exercise, physical test or job simulation, phone interview, in-person or video interview(s), and/or web-based testing.
* This is a part-time/temporary/seasonal position with the City of San Bruno. As such, employees agree to serve in an at-will capacity and understand that service with the City may be terminated at any time. This position works a maximum of 16 hours per week and does not provide any benefits, except for paid sick leave. In accordance with the Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families Act of 2014, all temporary, part-time, and seasonal employees, who on or after July 1, 2015, work in California for 30 or more days within a year from the commencement of employment are entitled to paid sick leave for prescribed purposes. Employees will accrue one hour of paid sick leave for every 30 hours worked and are entitled to use accrued sick days beginning on the 90th day of employment. Employees may use up to 24 hours (or 3 days) of accrued sick leave in each year of employment.
The City of San Bruno is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, age, physical or mental disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws in its employment actions, decisions, policies and practices. The City of San Bruno Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the selection process to accommodate disabled applicants. Individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the process must inform the Human Resources Department by the final filing date by emailing email@example.com.
Email Miriam Schalit at firstname.lastname@example.org