Recruitment open until filled
Appointment to this position is contingent upon:
*A pre-employment fingerprinting criminal history records check
*TB testing clearance
Resume will not be accepted in lieu of application. Application, including all work history, must be fully completed if a resume is attached. Incomplete and/or inaccurate applications may result in disqualification from the recruitment process. All communication regarding your status in this recruitment process will be conducted via email or postal mail. Be sure to include a valid e-mail address on the employment application. Applicants are responsible for notifying Human Resources of any changes to contact information.
About the Position
This classification assists instructors/individuals who are using City facilities and performs semi-skilled tasks in the maintenance of City buildings. Receives direct supervision from Recreation Supervisors/Coordinators/Administrative Clerks.
This position would mainly be scheduled Monday through Thursday 4:30pm-9:15pm. Schedule may vary.
- Assist instructors and customers.
- Answer phones lines
- Set up, break-down, and clean rooms including moving and stacking tables and chairs
- Supervise group activities to maintain order and safety at all times, both inside the building and outside in surrounding grounds.
- Enforce timely beginning and ending of activities.
- Handle basic first aid/medical problems.
- Fill out Accident Reports or Incident Reports.
- Maintain a cheerful, helpful, positive attitude when helping the public.
- Perform minor custodial duties as assigned.
- Perform clerical duties such as calling the public with class information or schedule changes.
- Open and lock-up building.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job-Related and Essential Qualifications
Knowledge of basic facilities maintenance techniques and of working effectively with people.
Ability and skills to organize people and activities; energetically perform job duties; comprehend and follow brief oral and written instructions; assist willingly as needed. Implement program plans; work with minimal supervision. Establish, maintain and foster cooperative working relations with others contacted in the course of work.
Education and Training
Sufficient education and experience to satisfactorily perform the duties of this classification. A typical qualifying background would be graduation from high school, and prior building attendant work experience.
Speak clearly and understandably; ability and dexterity to run, jump and climb; lift and move equipment, such as tables and chairs; hear alarms, bells, voices and telephones; to reach. Willingness and ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Copying and pasting resume or attaching a resume cannot be substituted for completing the "Work Experience" section of application. Please list each job in the "work experience" section. Click "+ Add another item" to add space for each work history. Failure to complete this section may be considered an incomplete application.