The City of San Dimas is seeking an enthusiastic team player for its Recreation Specialist position to work under direction of the Recreation Coordinator to assist with planning, coordinating, promoting and implementing Youth Sports Programs. Recreation Specialist must be available to work evenings and weekends as assigned.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with planning, organizing, promotion and supervision of daily operation of youth sports programs.
- Maintaining accurate records.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing with general public, service partner representatives and other City departments.
- Completion of reports.
- Limited supervision of part-time personnel and volunteers.
- Monitoring maintenance of facility.
- Preparing and planning for daily activities..
- Other duties as assigned.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
The City of San Dimas, California advises the public, employees and job applicants that it does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical handicap, medical condition, marital status, sex, age or any non-merit based factor in admission to, treatment of or employment in its programs and activities.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), The City of San Dimas will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer)
- Principles and practices of recreation programming with an emphasis on sports.
- Basic to intermediate software skills, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher and the Active registration system.
- Individual and community benefits of recreation.
- Safe work practices.
- Work in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Handle multiple assignments as needed.
- Work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Work effectively with volunteers, other employees and outside groups.
- Perform moderate physical activity as related to event operations.
- Use a computer to process documents, program publicity, record keeping and program registration.
- Show enthusiasm, creativity and the desire to want to make a difference.
- Evaluate programs and make recommendations for modifications as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with program participants, staff, service partners and volunteers.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Education equivalent to completion of two years of college course work in the field of recreation, or related field is preferred. Minimum of two years’ experience working with children in recreation programs.
Possession of a valid Driver’s License from a State Department of Motor Vehicles and current First Aid, AED and CPR Certificate.