Under supervision, Recreation Leaders are responsible for coordinating and conducting a variety of youth recreation activities, special events, and adult sports programs. Recreation programs run from Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. May also be required to work special events and programs on evenings and weekends.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, supervising, and executing a variety of games, sports and crafts for children of various ages.
- Provide customer service to the public as needed.
- Responsible for the general safety and well-being of the children at the assigned playground.
- Assist the department at other special recreation events as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as required.
ABOUT THE CITY
San Dimas is located midway (about 27 miles) between Los Angeles and San Bernardino, at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains. Excellent access to freeways offers a centralized location from which to enjoy Southern California’s many cultural and recreational activities.
San Dimas was incorporated in 1960 with a Council-Manager form of government. Its citizens receive a full range of services through the combined efforts of the City’s four departments (Administration, Parks & Recreation, Public Works and Development Services) and the contract services of Los Angeles County.
STATEMENT OF NONDISCRIMINATION
The City of San Dimas, California advises the public, employees and job applicants that it does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical handicap, medical condition, marital status, sex, age or any non-merit based factor in admission to, treatment of or employment in its programs and activities.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), The City of San Dimas will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer)
- A variety of school-age recreation activities.
- Child development and child psychology.
- Appropriate safety guidelines for children’s activities.
Effectively communicate with children and adults.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Minimum of graduation from high school or the equivalent and any combination equivalent to experience and education that could likely provide the desired knowledge and abilities.
Must have a valid Driver License and/or adequate transportation.
This position does not offer benefits.