The Housing Department is recruiting for a Senior Systems Applications Programmer who will be responsible for support activities, including requests for data analytics and programming service, in support of the Housing Department’s multiple database applications developed in Salesforce Platform and a few legacy applications developed in Microsoft .NET/Oracle platform and Microsoft Access environments. Working experience in Salesforce Development and Administration is a must. Programming skills in web-based and Oracle database platforms is highly desirable.
Specific duties may include:
· Administration and configuration of the Salesforce platform
· Creation of Custom Objects, Page Layout, Record Types, Reports, Dashboards, User Profiles, Workflows, and other typical Salesforce administrative duties.
· Salesforce development including Apex, Triggers and Visualforce development.
· Contributes to a small team responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of critical business applications on the Force.com and Community Development with Salesforce Lightning Experience.
· Participates in the definition of end user requirements of new and/or existing multiple Salesforce database applications including but not limited to: Housing Multifamily Loan Portfolio, Homeless Outreach, Rental Rights and Referral, Neighborhood Stabilization Program, CDBG Grant application, Mobile Home Seismic Retro Program and more. Providing enhancements to these systems.
· Administers multiple Salesforce databases; assist with reporting, configuration, and fulfill incoming service requests.
· Implements system requirements for integrating Salesforce Rental Right and Referral database application to other City-wide Permit and Master Address database applications developed on different platforms.
· Converting some legacy applications developed in Microsoft .Net Framework with Oracle backend and Access databases into Salesforce platform.
· Performs a variety of complicated tasks with minimal oversight
Desirable skills include:
· Knowledge of Salesforce best practices
· Experience with Force.com IDE (Eclipse) or another Salesforce IDE
· Salesforce ADM201 training is desirable
· Salesforce Dev 401 / 501 training is strongly valued.
· Experience in Salesforce.com development environment including Force.com IDE, SOSL, SOQL, Data Loader, REST
· Salesforce App builder and Community Development experience
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple positions in this, or other divisions or departments. If you are interested in employment in this classification, you should apply to ensure you are considered for additional opportunities that may utilize the applicants from this recruitment.
1. Education: A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Public Administration, Computer Technology, or a closely related field.
2. Experience: Three (3) years of increasingly progressive experience in computer systems applications programming (mainly in Salesforce Development and Administration is desired).
3. Acceptable Substitution/s: Additional years of directly related work experience may be substituted for up to a maximum of two years of the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Employment Eligibility: Federal law requires all employees to provide verification of their eligibility to work in this country. Please be informed that the City of San Jose will NOT sponsor, represent or sign any documents related to visa applications/transfers for H1-B or any other type of visa which requires an employer application.
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies, as demonstrated in past and current employment history. Desirable competencies for this position include:
Analytical Thinking – Approaching a problem or situation by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
Customer Service – Demonstrates the ability to anticipate customers’ needs and deliver services effectively and efficiently using professional demeanor.
Computer Skills – Experienced with common business computer applications including but not limited to: MS Outlook, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, and MS Excel.
Communication Skills – Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts and facts clearly, orally and in writing; demonstrates effective use of listening skills; displays openness to other people’s idea and thoughts.
Job Expertise – Demonstrates knowledge of and experience with applicable professional/technical principles and practices, Citywide and departmental procedures/policies and federal and state rules and regulations. Demonstrates hands on experience with Salesforce Development and Administration. Working experience with Microsoft .Net applications, Oracle database environments and Microsoft Access database is desirable.
Problem Solving – Approaches a situation or problem by defining the problem or issue; determines the significance of problem; collects information; uses logic and intuition to arrive at decisions or solutions to problems that achieve the desired outcome.
Teamwork & Interpersonal Skills – Develops effective relationships with co-workers and supervisors by helping others accomplish tasks and using collaboration and conflict resolution skills.
The selection process will consist of an evaluation of the applicant's training and experience based on the application and responses to the Job Specific Questions. Only the candidates whose backgrounds best match the position will be invited to proceed in the selection process. Additional phases of the selection process will consist of one or more interviews, one of which may include a practical/writing exercise.
You will be prompted to answer the following job-specific questions during the online application process. Please note that there is a 4,000-character limit, including spaces, for each text response.
- Please describe your experience working in configuring the Salesforce Administration environment. In your response, detail your experience in the following items: creating custom objects, page layout, record types, report dashboards, user profiles and workflows. Identify your role in that experience and whether your experience was part of a permanent assignment or a project.
- Please describe your experience working with the Salesforce Development environment. In your response, detail your experience in Salesforce development that includes Apex, Triggers and Visualforce. Identify your role in that experience and whether your experience was part of a permanent assignment or a project.
- Please describe your working experience with Microsoft .Net development, Oracle or Access database environments. In your response, cite examples of your experience and include whether your experience was part of a permanent assignment or a project.
You must answer all job-specific questions in order to be considered for this vacancy or your application will be deemed incomplete and withheld from further consideration.
If you have questions about the duties of these positions, the selection or hiring processes, please contact Sharlene Shikhmuradova at Sharlene.email@example.com.