The actual salary shall be determined by the final candidate’s qualifications and experience. In addition to the starting salary, employees in the Recreation Leader classification shall also receive an approximate five percent (5%) ongoing non-pensionable compensation pay. This position is covered under the Living Wage Policy.
The Public Works Department is recruiting to fill multiple Event Services Representative (part-time unbenefited Recreation Leaders) positions to support the coordination of events occurring at City Hall. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of professionalism, excellent customer service skills, and a strong work ethic. The position requires excellent judgment, initiative, independence, integrity, organizational skills, flexibility, and written and verbal communication skills.
Event Services Representatives assist in monitoring and providing customer/client support for special events. Event Services Representatives may be required to provide technical assistance and set up of equipment on day of event, assist in resolving customer issues and complaints, and respond to emergency situations during events. The on-site Event Services Representative coordinates with event staff such as ushers, ticket takers, security, crowd control, outside contractors, and performs facility safety checks which may include enforcing Safety and Fire Marshall Regulations.
Due to the nature of the job responsibilities, Event Services Representative must be able to:
- Work extended/irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed
- Stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
- Lift and carry items weighting between 25 and 50 pounds on an as needed basis
- Comprehend verbal and written instructions
- Prepare event reports
A post-offer pre-employment TB test may be conducted by City of San Jose Employee Health Services.
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple positions in this, or other divisions or departments. If you are interested in employment in this classification, you should apply to ensure you are considered for additional opportunities that may utilize the applicants from this recruitment.
- Education: Completion of high school, General Education Development (GED) Certificate, or California Proficiency Certificate.
- Experience: None
- Necessary Special Qualification: Those applicants in their last semester of high school are permitted to apply, but will be required to provide proof of graduation prior to obtaining a work assignment.
Employment Eligibility: Federal law requires all employees to provide verification of their eligibility to work in this country. Please be informed that the City of San Jose will NOT sponsor, represent or sign any documents related to visa applications/transfers for H1-B or any other type of visa which requires an employer application.
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies, as demonstrated in past and current employment history. Desirable competencies for this position include:
- Job Expertise: Demonstrates knowledge of and experience with applicable professional/technical principles and practices; experience in special event supervision, theater production, people management, and/or technical support; ability to manage clerical and administrative responsibilities in a timely manner; recognize and respond to participant safety; Citywide and departmental procedures/policies and federal and state rules and regulations.
- Communication Skills: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts and facts clearly, orally and in writing; demonstrates effective use of listening skills; displays openness to other people's ideas and thoughts.
- Customer Service: Demonstrates the ability to anticipate customers' needs and deliver services effectively and efficiently using professional demeanor.
- Initiative: Exhibits resourceful behaviors toward meeting job objectives; anticipates problems, is proactive, and avoids difficulties by planning ahead; displays willingness to assume extra responsibility and challenges; pursues continuing education opportunities that promotes job performance.
- Problem Solving: Approaches a situation or problem by defining the problem or issue; determines the significance of problem; collects information; uses logic and intuition to arrive at decisions or solutions to problems that achieve the desired outcome.
The selection process will consist of an evaluation of the applicant's training and experience based on the application and responses to the Job Specific Questions. Only the candidates whose backgrounds best match the position will be invited to proceed in the selection process. Additional phases of the selection process will consist of one or more interviews, one of which may include a practical/writing exercise.
You will be prompted to answer the following job-specific questions during the online application process. Please note that there is a 4,000-character limit, including spaces, for each text response.
1. Do you have experience in any of the following areas below? Please select all that apply.
- Special events (i.e. parties, meetings, fundraisers, conferences, etc.)
- Catering (i.e. banquets, food service, etc.)
- Theater performance (i.e. crowd control, production, usher, sales, etc.)
- Volunteering or working at events (i.e. community, school, church, etc.)
- Event coordination or planning
- Customer service
- None of the above
2. Please describe your experience in any of the aforementioned areas above.
3. What does taking initiative mean to you? Describe a time when you showed initiative to complete a task or project.
4. Describe a situation in which you have had to adjust quickly to changes over which you had no control. What was the impact of the change on you?
You must answer all job-specific questions in order to be considered for this vacancy or your application will be deemed incomplete and withheld from further consideration.
If you have questions about the duties of these positions, the selection or hiring processes, please contact April Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org.