San Mateo County Public Safety Communications (PSC) is accepting applications from experienced GIS Technicians with a passion for public service.
PSC provides high quality law enforcement, fire, and medical dispatch and communications services to the public and public safety agencies in order to protect the health and safety of the people of San Mateo County. A community that is prosperous, safe and livable will depend, in part, on how well GIS Technicians use their skills to map, inventory, and analyze various aspects and resources within the County. For more information about the County of San Mateo Office of Public Safety Communications, visit: http://911dispatch.smcgov.org/.
The incumbent will be responsible for the day-to-day technical support of San Mateo County Public Safety Communications Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications and database development projects or a department GIS/mapping function; perform technical and administrative tasks necessary to maintain and evaluate the GIS systems; perform data analysis and present geographic based data in map form; and other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a solid background in Geospatial Information System (GIS) fundamentals as you would typically find in graduates from an accredited program with an emphasis in GIS.
- Be organized and can simultaneously track multiple projects.
- Possess good communication skills for collecting project requirements and presenting findings to department staff.
- Have worked for/with a Public Safety agency.
- Have a desire for continued learning.
- Have the demonstrated ability to maintain collaborative relations with stakeholders and peers.