San Mateo County Public Safety Communications (PSC) is accepting applications from detailed orientated candidates with a passion for design and technology to join their team.
PSC provides high quality law enforcement, fire, and medical dispatch and communications services to the public and public safety agencies in order to protect the health and safety of the people of San Mateo County. For more information about the County of San Mateo Office of Public Safety Communications, visit: http://911dispatch.smcgov.org/.
The incumbent will provide a full range of advanced technical support in the areas of desktop support, production or server support and/or applications support.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess strong customer service skills, the ability to multi-task and the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Be able to work independently while keeping their supervisor informed.
- Have experience with Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems, Microsoft Windows server operating systems, Linux operating systems, databases including Microsoft SQL server and PostgreSQL, and Microsoft Office Desktop Applications.
- Have experience working with a Public Safety Agency.
- Have experience working with a Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) System.