San Mateo County Health is seeking a highly qualified
IT Business Analyst II - Limited Term
for their Health IT Division.
To view the online brochure for this recruitment please follow this link:
The individual in this position performs complex and technical systems maintenance, operational duties, and/or modification of application systems; serves as a liaison between system users and information technology staff, vendors, and service providers; provides technical and analytical support and training to system users; performs system administration functions to ensure security and effective operation; develops and maintains a variety of automated files, records, and databases; prepares and distributes new procedures, training materials, and a variety of scheduled and adhoc reports; and performs related work as required. This position will support multiple divisions within the Health System such as Administration, Emergency Medical Services, Finance, and Public Health, Policy and Planning.
IS Business Analyst II is the journey-level class in the IS Business Analyst series and is responsible for serving as a liaison between system users and information technology staff, vendors, and service providers. Responsibilities require the use of tact, discretion, and independent judgment and to have full and thorough knowledge of the concepts, practices, procedures, and policies of assigned function.
This is a limited term, at-will position. Limited Term Employees are assigned to assignments not to exceed three years. They receive medical and dental benefits, similar to regular employees, and a defined contribution retirement plan.
Information for current county employees: Current and regular County of San Mateo Employees who are interested in this assignment must submit an application and compete in the recruitment process. If you are successful in the recruitment and are being considered for the assignment, HR will work directly with you and/or your department for options. Please note that there is no guarantee that you will be allowed by your department to rotate into this assignment nor are your departments obligated to allow you to take on this assignment. The salary range for this position is "as is" and non-negotiable.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience with conceptual and operational aspects of adapting information systems to business needs.
- Experience with being a liaison between system users and information technology staff, vendors, service providers, and healthcare staff (doctors, nurses, EMS first responders) with excellent communication/collaboration skills.
- Experience as a Project Analyst that includes all phases including planning, building, testing, integration, implementation, and post implementation stabilization.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in information systems, Computer Science, or similar technical discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience in system analysis and software development and support.
- Strong knowledge of business process analysis, requirements analysis, and software analysis and design.
- Project management experience.
- Three years of experience performing application support in a health care setting.
- Ability to analyze end-user technical requirements and recommend specific technical and/or workflow solutions to meet the need.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills.
- Knowledge of database and data dictionary concepts, database file structures and operating system interfaces.
- Knowledge of business analysis techniques such as interviewing, brainstorming, modeling, risk analysis, estimating, and peer review.
- Ability to work independently and set priorities.
- Three years of experience supporting an electronic health record or case management system.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of leadership and mentoring.
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical staff.
Please visit http://hr.smcgov.org/sites/hr.smcgov.org/files/SEIU.pdf for a complete listing of all benefits for this classification.
Benefits are offered to eligible employees of the County of San Mateo. All benefits are subject to change.
NOTE: Employees hired on or after January 1, 2013 may be subject to new Pension Reform retirement laws.
As an additional benefit, the County offers extensive training and development programs designed to improve skills and enhance career opportunities. Most programs are offered on County time at no cost to you.
County employees are also covered by the federal Social Security system and earn benefits for retirement based on salary and time worked.