San Mateo County Health is seeking a well-qualified individual for the position of IS Application Support Analyst II – Behavioral Health & Recovery Services - Extra Help.
The current vacancy is extra help in the Health Information Technology Division. This position is currently located in San Mateo, CA, but will travel/drive throughout the County to perform duties of the job.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Interviews, analyzes, and documents end user work processes and systems requirements; conducts systems walk-throughs and technical reviews; develops or refines system specifications, including evaluating and testing vendor software packages for conformance with user requirements and priorities.
- Project Coordination, monitor existing and upcoming projects, evaluate project requests and write business requirements document for proposed projects
- Ability to create and gather business requirements from end users/new requests
- Liaison with Information Services Department (ISD) to ensure that department needs are addressed and met
- Consults with supervisors regarding information technology related issues, needs, and services; conducts special research assignments, gathers data, and prepares reports for consideration by management or special committees.
- Develops and recommends comprehensive standards, policies, procedures, and technical documentation.
- Responds to and resolves software users' inquiries and complaints and escalates problems or issues to vendor representatives as needed.
- Troubleshoots and/or resolves application-related issues in-person, over the phone or remotely.
- Individually or as a team member, works on and is responsible for software applications research, development, conversion, installation, and maintenance projects, including planning, organizing, and defining project requirements, methods, and end objectives in consultation with end users; coordinates project activities with team members, other section staff, user representatives, and outside vendors.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience in application/software support.
- Experience in analyzing and documenting processes and system requirements.
- Knowledge of SQL, Crystal Reports, and/or any other programming languages.
- Demonstrated skill and understanding with gathering business requirements from end users.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
If you are interested in being considered for this Extra Help position the following items must be submitted via e-mail:
- Cover letter with responses to Supplemental Questions (maximum of 2 pages)
- Provide a detailed example of when you had to set an important application support goal. Include your role, the goal and the outcome.
- Give a detailed example of the steps you took developing and working through a complex IT project. Include your role, the project plan, the implementation plan and the outcome.
- Provide a detailed example of a challenging assignment/task you had, as an Application Support Analyst, supporting complex systems. Include the complexity of the system, challenges you encountered and the outcome.
Please include the words "IS Application Support Analyst II – Behavioral Health and Recovery Services – Extra Help Position" in the subject line of email submission. All submitted materials must be in a Word or PDF format.
Please submit the above listed materials via email to:
Kim Pijma, Health Information Systems and Technology Manager
Application materials will be reviewed as they are received, and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Apply immediately. Application materials will be accepted until position is filled. This posting is open on a continuous basis and selection may be made at any time within the process.
NOTE: Application materials are only accepted via e-mail. Materials sent via regular mail and/or fax will not be accepted. Submittals that do not include all required elements (cover letter with responses to supplemental questions and a resume) will not be considered.