Open Until Filled, May Close At Any Time
Facility Specialist I – Rental Officer
We are currently recruiting an energetic, passionate, and caring individual to be part of our dynamic Rental Officer/Custodial Team!
Position: Facility Specialist I: Rental Officer
Salary: $15.18-16.53 hrly ($25.19 per hour for custodial rate)
Job Type: Part time
Location: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center, 725 Monte Diablo, San Mateo, CA 94401
Hours: Saturday, Sunday
Application: Application process is open until filled
DUTIES: Maintain a visible presence throughout the entire facility and surrounding area during rentals. Set the tone and standards for acceptable behavior. Discourage inappropriate behavior and communicate and enforce consequences. Maintain cleanliness of center by taking trash out, sweeping, mopping, and other custodial duties.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must be 18 years or old and a high school graduate. This person should also be motivated, customer service oriented individual and a team player. The ability to communicate in Spanish is highly desired.
- Applicants must be able to work a weekly shift of: Saturdays and Sundays
- There may be a possibility of additional hours: assisting with center special event (talent shows, Halloween events, Jr. Warriors Basketball League, center events, substitute opportunities, and Holiday Events).
- Bilingual differential pay may be eligible for those who meet the City’s Bilingual Program criteria and testing.
- Eligible for City of San Mateo Fitness/Dance programs at no cost to employee.
- Must be able to provide transportation to and from work.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates should submit an official City of San Mateo employment application to:
Jennifer Wilson, Community Services Supervisor
City of San Mateo
725 Monte Diablo
San Mateo, CA 94401
Or by applying online at CalOpps.org
Applicants must complete and submit a City of San Mateo Employment Application: Resumes may not replace the employment application. The City of San Mateo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, religion, national origin, race, color, political affiliation, or disability. Employment Applications may be obtained on the City’s website within the Human Resources Dept. www.cityofsanmateo.org
Questions regarding any of these positions, please contact Jennifer Wilson at 650/522-7473 or firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no benefits attached to this per diem position.
An official City of San Mateo employment application is required.