The City of San Mateo Parks & Recreation Department currently has an opening for the position of Recreation Specialist II/III
FINAL FILING DATE: Open Until Filled OR Upon receipt of the first 100 applications & resumes, whichever occurs first
- Recreation Specialist II, $15.18 - $16.53 (depending on experience)
- Recreation Specialist III, $18.83 - $22.45 (depending on experience)
About this roleDo you love to have fun? We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our team! As a part of the camp team, staff will enjoy the challenges, triumphs, opportunities, responsibilities, laughs, rewards and fun that make up each energizing and unique day at camp! This is a part time, non-benefited position, 30-40 hours per week and limited to 960 hours in a fiscal year.
Why Join our Department?
- Our staff are devoted to creating a fun, safe and positive summer camp experience.
- Our Values; Respect, Creativity, Integrity, Transparency and Inclusivity.
- Energy and Enthusiasm!
- Experience and passion for working with children.
- Experience working in summer camps.
- At least 6 ECE units or 6 Recreation units (Recreation Specialist III).
- You have a strong work ethic, customer service skills, and work well with others.
- You have good judgment and make good decisions in a variety of situations.
- You are able to communicate well with your co-workers and supervisors.
- Lead age appropriate activities and PLAY!
- Take kids on adventurous field trips.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Become a natural leader! You will develop your leadership and management skills as you learn to work cooperatively with other staff members, teaching and fostering positive child development throughout the summer.
- Create lasting friendships and memories! You will feel a personal sense of accomplishment and importance as you become a mentor and role model in the lives of children.
- Build your resume! Career benefits as a camp staffer include development of essential management and communication skills.
Are You Interested? Apply.Application can be found on our website at www.cityofsanmateo.org or at our Recreation Centers:
- Beresford Recreation Center, 2720 Alameda de las Pulgas, 94403
- King Community Center, 725 Monte Diablo Ave., 94401
Prior to hire, candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment process, including a Department of Justice (DOJ) fingerprint check. A conviction history will not necessarily disqualify an applicant from appointment.
The policy of the City of San Mateo is to grant equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual preference, marital status or national origin. It is the intent and desire of the City of San Mateo that equal employment opportunity will be provided in recruiting, hiring, training, promoting, wages, benefits, and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. The City of San Mateo is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
This position is considered part time and offers no benefits.
Résumé submitted without the official application form will NOT be considered.