Preschool Specialist I: $15.94-17.37 hourly
Preschool Specialist II: $19.79-23.59 hourly
The City of San Mateo Parks & Recreation Department is looking for caring, enthusiastic,
creative and energetic individuals to join our preschool team!
About this role
We offer a variety of preschool programs starting at age 2 up to age 5. Our Friends & Me, Tiny Tots and Pre-K program are dedicated to providing a safe environment for each child to grow emotionally, physically, socially and intellectually. Our teachers make a commitment to support families and children by following Developmentally Appropriate Practices. This is a part time, non-benefited position, 15 to 20 hours per week in the morning and early afternoon hours and is limited to 960 hours in a fiscal year.
Why Join our Department?
- Our staff are devoted to creating a fun, safe and positive school experience.
- Our Values; Respect, Creativity, Integrity, Transparency and Inclusivity.
What You Bring:
- Energy and Enthusiasm!
- Experience and passion for working with children.
- Experience working in preschool.
Who You Are
- You have a strong work ethic, customer service skills and works well with others.
- You have good judgment and make good decisions in a variety of situations.
- You are able to communicate well with your co-workers and supervisors.
What You’ll Do
- Encourage children to learn through play and Developmentally Appropriate Practices.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Nurture all the children in our program and embrace their strengths while helping them build self-esteem and self-confidence.
What We Offer
- Become a natural leader! You will develop your leadership and management skills as you learn to work cooperatively with other staff members, teaching and fostering positive child development throughout the school year.
- You will feel a personal sense of accomplishment and importance as you become a mentor and role model in the lives of children.
Preschool Specialist I (ages 18 & Up):
Plan and implement creative age appropriate games, arts and crafts, songs and science activities that coincide with our curriculum standards. Ability to lead a circle time with songs, books and rhymes. High school graduate or equivalent required.
Preschool Specialist II (ages 18 & Up with experience/education):
In addition to the above duties they are responsible for the supervision of 1 to 2 Preschool Specialist I’s, parent communications (oral and in writing), classroom management, curriculum development and management. Some college level work required or at least 2 years of experience working in Early Childhood setting.
Are You Interested? Apply.
Application can be found on our website at www.cityofsanmateo.org or at our Recreation Centers:
- Beresford Recreation Center, 2720 Alameda de las Pulgas, 94403
- King Community Center, 725 Monte Diablo Ave., 94401
Submit online at www.calopps.org
Submit to Claudia Vega in person at King Community Center.
Application materials will be screened on a continuous basis.
Fine Print The policy of the City of San Mateo is to grant equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual preference, marital status or national origin. It is the intent and desire of the City of San Mateo that equal employment opportunity will be provided in recruiting, hiring, training, promoting, wages, benefits, and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. The City of San Mateo complies with employment provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act.