We invite applications for the position of:
Facility Specialist I
$15.94-17.37 hourlyThe City of San Mateo Parks & Recreation Department is looking for enthusiastic, organized and energetic people to join our Recreation team!
About this role
Be the face of the Beresford Recreation Center or our San Mateo Senior Center! We are looking for organized and energetic individuals to assist with daily office tasks in our recreation center and senior center. Assist patrons with registration, answering phones and facility questions. This is a part time, non-benefited position, 15-20 hours per week and limited to 960 hours in a fiscal year (June-July).
Beresford Recreation Center
We are looking for someone who can be available between Monday and Friday between the hours of 8:45am to 5pm.
We are looking for someone who is available Wednesday and Thursday nights from 5-9:15pm.
Why Join our Department?
- Our staff are devoted to creating a fun, safe and positive recreation experience.
- Our Values; Respect, Creativity, Integrity, Transparency and Inclusivity.
What You Bring:
- Energy and Enthusiasm!
- Experience and passion for working with the public.
- Experience working in a high paced office setting.
Who You Are:
- You have a strong work ethic, customer service skills and works well with others.
- You have basic computer knowledge including Microsoft Outlook & Word.
- You can communicate well with the public, co-workers and supervisors in person, on the phone and in writing.
- A quick learner, responsible and punctual.
- Spanish speaking, highly desirable.
What You’ll Do:
- Answer phones, register patrons in programs, assist Senior Program Assistant in administrative tasks, and keeping our Beresford office clean and organized.
- Provide excellent customer service.
What We Offer:
- On the job training with our registration system.
- Build your resume! Career benefits as a recreation center administration staff include development of essential management and communication skills.
Are You Interested? Apply.
Application can be found on our website at www.cityofsanmateo.org or at our Recreation Centers:
- Beresford Recreation Center, 2720 Alameda de las Pulgas, 94403
- San Mateo Senior Center, 2645 Alameda de las Pulgas, 94403
Submit online at www.calopps.org
Submit to Tracy Brumett in person at Beresford Recreation Center or Carolyn Shavel at the Senior Center. Any questions please contact Tracy at 650-522-7443 or Carolyn at 650-522-7495.
Recruitment will close on November 15, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. or when 100 applications have been received, whichever occurs first.
Fine Print The policy of the City of San Mateo is to grant equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual preference, marital status or national origin. It is the intent and desire of the City of San Mateo that equal employment opportunity will be provided in recruiting, hiring, training, promoting, wages, benefits, and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment