LABORATORY ANALYST I (part time)
San Mateo Waste Water Treatment Plant
2050 Detroit Drive, San Mateo, CA 94404
THE POSITION: The Public Works Department at the City of San Mateo has an opportunity for a per diem laboratory analyst to perform a variety of physical, chemical, biological and bacteriological analyses of water and wastewater according to standard methods and procedures.
SALARY: $38.43 - $45.80/hour (Dependent on Qualifications)
HOURS: 24-40 hours per week/flexible schedule
- Two years of college study with at least twenty semester units of chemistry, biology or related science. A Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology or related science would also be qualifying.
- One (1) year of work experience in an analytical laboratory.
- Able to work independently with direction from senior laboratory analyst/ laboratory supervisor
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Following established procedures, perform physical, chemical, and bacteriological analyses of water, wastewater, and related materials.
- Collect varied samples for analysis from specific locations according to a predetermined schedule; may collect special samples as conditions indicate.
- Compile and record onto standardized worksheets, logs, and forms, perform calculations and transfer data to database.
- Prepare chemicals, bacteriological media, and standard test solutions.
- Clean and maintain laboratory, equipment, and instruments.
- Maintain inventory of supplies.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates should submit an official City of San Mateo employment application and supplemental questionnaire on-line on CalOpps.org.
Submit an official City of San Mateo application and supplemental questionnaire to the City of San Mateo Human Resources Department, 330 W. 20th Avenue, San Mateo, CA 94403
This recruitment is open until filled or upon receipt of the first 100 applications, résumés(required), and supplemental questionnaires, whichever occurs first.
- Describe how your education and training have prepared you for the Laboratory Analyst position. Be specific.
- Describe your experience conducting and reporting tests in an analytical laboratory. Include where (name of employer), and when (dates) you gained this experience.
For additional information, contact Xiongbing Liang at 650-522-7388 or by email at email@example.com.
The City of San Mateo is an equal employment opportunity employer.