We invite applications for the position of:
Recreation Specialist III
Recreation Specialist III: $19.79-23.59 hourly
The City of San Mateo Parks & Recreation Department is looking for enthusiastic, crafty,
creative and energetic individuals to join our Learning & Education Assistance Program!
About this role
Do you love to have fun? We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our team! As a part of the LEAP team, staff will enjoy the challenges, triumphs, opportunities, responsibilities, laughs, rewards and fun that make up each energizing and unique day in program! This is a part time, non-benefited position, 18-22 hours per week and limited to 960 hours in a fiscal year (June-July).
Why Join our Department?
- Our staff are devoted to creating a fun, safe and positive LEAP experience.
- Our Values; Respect, Creativity, Integrity, Transparency and Inclusivity.
What You Bring:
- Energy and Enthusiasm!
- Experience and passion for working with children.
- Experience working in summer camps.
- Education in Child Development, Recreation or a related field.
Who You Are
- You have a strong work ethic, customer service skills and works well with others.
- You have good judgment and make good decisions in a variety of situations.
- You are able to communicate well with your co-workers and supervisors.
What You’ll Do
- Plan and implement age appropriate activities for elementary school children.
- Supervise children on off campus field trips.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Interact with parents, children and staff daily.
What We Offer
- Become a natural leader! You will develop your leadership and management skills as you learn to work cooperatively with other staff members, teaching and fostering positive child development throughout the year.
- Create lasting friendships and memories! You will feel a personal sense of accomplishment and importance as you become a mentor and role model in the lives of children.
- Build your resume! Career benefits as a staffer include development of essential management and communication skills.
Recreation Specialist III (ages 18 & Up with experience/education):
- In addition to the above duties, ability to work independently in developing specific activities and activity design. Ability to train and direct the work of other lower level Recreation Specialists. Consistently exhibits judgement and safety skills.
Are You Interested? Apply.
Application can be found on our website at www.cityofsanmateo.org or at our Recreation Centers:
- King Community Center, 725 Monte Diablo Ave., 94401
Application materials will be screened on a continuous basis.
Fine Print The policy of the City of San Mateo is to grant equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual preference, marital status or national origin. It is the intent and desire of the City of San Mateo that equal employment opportunity will be provided in recruiting, hiring, training, promoting, wages, benefits, and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment
This position is considered part time and offers no benefits.
Résumé submitted without the official application form will NOT be considered.