City of San Mateo Parks & Recreation Department
We invite applications for the position of:
Per Diem Summer Camp Recreation Specialist II
The City of San Mateo Parks & Recreation Department is looking for enthusiastic, crafty,
creative and energetic individuals to join our summer camp team!
About this role
Do you love to be outside, stay active, play games and laugh a lot? We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our team! As a part of the camp team, staff will enjoy the challenges, triumphs, opportunities, responsibilities, laughs, rewards and fun that make up each energizing and unique day at camp! This is a part time, non-benefited position, 30-40 hours per week and limited to 960 hours in a fiscal year (July-June). Must be available during June 14th-August 13th.
Why Join our Department?
- Our staff are devoted to creating a fun, safe and positive summer camp experience.
- Our Values; Respect, Creativity, Integrity, Transparency and Inclusivity.
What You Bring:
- Energy and Enthusiasm!
- Experience and passion for working with children.
- Experience working in summer camps.
Who You Are
- You have a strong work ethic, customer service skills and works well with others.
- You have good judgment and make good decisions in a variety of situations.
- You are able to communicate well with your co-workers and supervisors.
What You’ll Do
- Lead age appropriate activities and lead, purposeful, planned and spontaneous PLAY!
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Daily interaction with parents and children.
What We Offer
- A TON of leadership skills! You will develop your leadership and management skills as you learn to work cooperatively with other staff members, teaching and fostering positive child development throughout the summer.
- Create lasting friendships and memories! You will feel a personal sense of accomplishment and importance as you become a mentor and role model in the lives of children.
- Build your resume! Career benefits as a camp staffer include development of essential management and communication skills.
Recreation Specialist II (ages 18 & up or High School graduate):
Plan and lead creative games, arts and crafts, songs and science activities in a park setting. Exhibits initiative in planning activities and addressing concerns or problems that may arise.
Are You Interested? Apply.
Application can be found on our website at www.cityofsanmateo.org, submit online at www.calopps.org or email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions, contact Tracy Brumett via email or 650.522.7443
Application materials will be screened on a continuous basis and must answer the following Supplemental question: “Did a current City of San Mateo employee refer you to this job?” “If yes, please provide their name.”
Fine Print The policy of the City of San Mateo is to grant equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual preference, marital status or national origin. It is the intent and desire of the City of San Mateo that equal employment opportunity will be provided in recruiting, hiring, training, promoting, wages, benefits, and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment
This position is considered part time and offers no benefits.
Résumé submitted without the official application form will NOT be considered.
All candidates must answer the required supplemental question.