The City of San Rafael's Community Development Department seeks your creativity, passion, industry insights and entrepreneurial spirit. Are you interested in supporting an innovative permitting process that promotes efficient and first rate customer service?
The City of San Rafael seeks a Chief Building Official with substantial experience working on residential projects, plan reviews, permit processing, commercial structures and code compliance. We are looking for someone with exceptional interpersonal skilsl, who enjoys mentoring and leading others and building positive relationships with other city departments, community clients, design professionals and contractors. The department boasts an impressive record of leadership stability; in the past 45 years the City has only had two Chief Building Officials! San Rafael employees are encouraged to bring new ideas to everyday work challenges and find it rewarding to work in a forward-thinking and collaborative environment.
Apply at: wbrowncreative.com/job-board/
This position is open until filled, however, for first consideration apply by March 14, 2018. Interviews will be held on April 2 & 3 (candidates invited to interview will need to be available for both days).
For any questions, please contact the recruiter directly:
Compensation and Benefits
The City of San Rafael offers an attractive compensation and benefits program. The salary range for this position is $120,948 – $147,012 annually, DOQ/DOE and a competitive benefits program including:
- Retirement: The City is a part of the Marin County Employee Retirement Association (MCERA) plan, which offers reciprocity between agencies in CalPERS (this is part of the 37 Act County System);
- Classic Employees – 2 @ at 55 formula, highest 3 year average compensation.
- PEPRA employees - hired after 1/1/13 or Classic employee with 6-month break in service are eligible for a 2% at 62 formula, highest 3 year average compensation.
- Health Insurance: Full flex cafeteria plan which can be applied to a health plan or converted to cash (Employee Only - $653.61; Employee+1 - $1,307.20 Employee+Family - $1,6,99.38; Waive Coverage $653.61)
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance: $150,000 basic and long-term disability is two-thirds of the salary up to $7,500 per month
- Dental Insurance: Up to family coverage
- Vision Insurance: Fully paid employee premium
- Deferred Comp: Employee option
- Annual Leave: Vacation ranges from 15 to 25 days (depending on years of service), 12 days of Sick Leave, 75 hours of Administrative Leave, 11 Holidays and 2 Floating Holidays.
- And more......