Child Care Instructor I (School Age) Part-time (21 hours per week) $14.45 - $16.73 per hour Plus excellent pro-rated benefits
Applications are reviewed weekly
The City of San Rafael, Child Care Division is accepting applications for Child Care Instructor I to work in our School-Age Programs. Under the supervision of the Child Care Director or Head Teacher, you will assist in the planning and implementation of daily activities for the school-age program.
- Assist will all program activities and events.
- Plan and implement curriculum for school age children.
- Lead group activities.
- Early Childhood Development
- Child Guidance Methods
- Developmentally-appropriate practices and curriculum.
- Accept direction from supervisor
- Establish and maintain effective relationships
- Read, write, and communicate effectively with program participants and fellow staff
- Work as scheduled
- Curriculum planning for school-age children.
- Utilization of developmental assessment tools.
- Completion of six (6) units of Early Childhood Education, or Recreation related
- Six (6) months of experience working with school age children
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, bend, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, twist, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally carry and or lift up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Application and Selection Process:
Resumes do not substitute for the City application. Candidates should detail related education and experience on the application since this information will be used to determine who will be invited to participate in the next phase of the examination process. The examination process may include any or all of the following: application appraisal, written examination, oral board interview examination and/or performance examination. NOTE: Prior to appointment, candidate must pass a pre-placement physical examination, background check (including fingerprint “livescan” clearance) and submit transcripts to verify educational requirements.
Reasonable Accommodation: The City of San Rafael will make reasonable accommodations in the process to accommodate disabled applicants. If you have a disability for which you require an accommodation, please contact us at (415) 485-3474 before the exam date.
Please call 415-485-3386 for more information
Benefits (Pro-rated based 21 hours per week)
The City of San Rafael offers an attractive compensation and benefits program. The salary range for this position is $14.45 - $15.73 per hour, DOQ/DOE and a competitive benefits program including:
- Retirement: The City is a part of the Marin County Employee Retirement Association (MCERA) plan, which offers reciprocity between agencies in CalPERS (this is part of the 37 Act County System);
- Classic Employees – 2.7% @ at 55 formula, single highest year of compensation;
- Tier 2 Employees – 2% @ 55 formula, highest three years of compensation.
- PEPRA employees - hired after 1/1/13 or with 6-month break in service are eligible for a 2% at 62 formula, highest 3 year average compensation.
- Health Insurance: Full flex cafeteria plan which can be applied to a health plan or converted to cash (Employee Only - $745.00; Employee+1 - $1,087.68 Employee+Family - $1,115.49; Waive Coverage $300.00)
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance: $5,000 basic and long-term disability is two-thirds of the salary up to $1,000 per month
- Dental Insurance: Fully paid premiums
- Vision Insurance: Fully paid employee premium
- Deferred Comp
- Annual Leave: Vacation 10 days (1-3 years of service); 12 days per year; 11 holidays.
- And more......