(Fixed Term Position/Part-Time – Fire Department)
$47.89 - $67.39 per hour
10 Hours Per Week
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
The primary responsibility of this position is to develop and maintain a Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program for the approximately 70 paramedics and EMTs of the San Rafael Fire Department. Other duties include assisting with the department’s year round continuing education program. The successful applicant will work closely with and be supervised by San Rafael Fire’s medical director and the training battalion chief.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
Implement and maintain a Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program for the paramedics and EMTs of The San Rafael Fire Department. Specific responsibilities include:
- Planning and implementing the overall structure of the program in conjunction with the medical director, training battalion chief and other stake holders involved in CQI
- Attending departmental, county-wide and regional EMS meetings as appropriate
- Completion and submission to the county of mandatory CQI improvement reports
- Quantitative analysis of patient care activities through use of our electronic medical record as indicated under the overall CQI plan or when specifically requested by the department
- Developing a program to assess the quality of paramedic care and documentation with a special emphasis on newer and probationary medics
- Formally responding to quality concerns raised by patients, recipient hospitals or the county
- Ability to perform technical and professional writing, manage and manipulate data on a basic spreadsheet platform, and develop and present charts and graphical information.
- Keeping the department abreast of CQI activities through regular meetings and reports
Organize, provide and assess efficacy of a program of continuing paramedic education for the paramedics and EMTs of San Rafael Fire. Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist with Planning the overall structure and curriculum of the educational program
- Delivering original, up to date, paramedic/EMT specific educational content in the form of lectures, CQI case review conferences, skills workshops, practical exercises, simulation activities in our local mannequin simulation lab, and BLS/ ALS recertification
- Scheduling guest lecturers when needed to achieve educational goals of the department
- Assist medics in keeping their licenses current by maintaining attendance records and provisioning of Continuing Education Certificates
- Assist with team building and encourage communications amongst all stakeholders.
For more information, please contact Jason Hatfield, Battalion Chief, City of San Rafael Fire Department (415-485-3368) or via email at Jason.Hatfield@cityofsanrafael.org