Clerical Temp – Community Services
$20.50 - $25.60 per hour – depending upon experience
OPEN UNTIL FILLED: Apply by Monday, February 25, 2019, for first consideration
The Community Services Department is looking to fill two temporary (part-time/20 hours per week) clerical positions—one to be at the Albert J. Boro Community Center and the other to be at the San Rafael Community Center. Specific needs of this department is to have a candidate with exceptional communication skills, ability to deal directly with the public and work with diverse populations. Bilingual is preferred.
This position performs the following essential job duties:
- Provides clerical support to the Community Services Department
- Record keeping
- Greeting customers
- Answering telephones
- Registering clients for classes
- Entering facility reservations
- Performs related duties as required.
To be eligible for this position you must have knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office
- Standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Operation of common office equipment
To be eligible for this position you must have the ability to:
- Prepare and maintain records and files.
- Perform clerical work & administrative tasks.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Answer telephones courteously and efficiently.
- Performing routine clerical duties.
- Operate computer software.
- High school diploma or equivalent AND
- Two (2) years related experience and/or training OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bilingual is preferred
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
City of San Rafael application is required. Resumes do not substitute for the City application. To file an application, go to: www.calopps.org. Select “Member Agencies”. Select “San Rafael”. Follow this link to apply for this position: https://www.calopps.org/san-rafael/job-19644941