DIGITAL SERVICE ANALYST
$5,168 - $6,281 per month, DOQ/DOE
Plus excellent benefits
LAST DAY TO APPLY: March 29, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
The City of San Rafael is recruiting for a Digital Service Analyst in the Department of Digital Service and Open Government. We are working to build the future of government services and are looking for an organized, critical thinker, who can help build the backbone of our new Department. The mission of the Department of Digital Service and Open Government is to help continuously improve the delivery of City services by designing for and with people, engaging the community, using data to drive decisions, and maintaining modern technology infrastructure. We need a team-member in an analyst role to help organize and coordinate our internal efforts to make all of this happen.
You will be working with our team to help spearhead and implement improvements to service design, citywide communication, and technical support through assistance in administrative operations, management of internal projects, community engagement, policy development, and coordination of citywide training programs.
The Digital Service Analyst is expected to function independent of ongoing supervision. The Digital Service Analyst will focus on programs and projects, research and analysis of data, and the preparation and presentation of findings and recommendations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and implements day to day program assignments independently.
- Conducts research, analyzes data, and presents conclusions and recommendations.
- Analyzes federal and state laws and regulations as they relate to assigned programs and develops and implements changes.
- Develops program manuals, comprehensive reports, handouts, flyers, newsletters, and other documents for communicating program information.
- Composes and reviews department website content; maintains the department website.
- Drafts and publishes authorized social media posts consistent with City messaging and responds to citizen inquiries on behalf of the Department.
- Plans and coordinates civic engagement events.
- Participates in the training of clerical personnel. May provide work direction to others.
- Prepares comprehensive written reports regarding program activities.
- Educates and engages with other city staff, city council, community representatives and citizens.
- Performs other related duties as required.
To be eligible for this position you must have knowledge of:
- Principles and practices associated with administration, organization, and management.
- Research methods, techniques and statistical and other work measures.
- Department goals, objectives, policy and procedure.
- Effective oral and written communication methods.
- Operation of personal computers and related software.
- Statistical, research and survey methods.
- Policies and objectives of assigned programs.
- Advanced secretarial and administrative methods.
- Principles of training and work direction.
- Coordination of clerical assignments.
- Modern office practices and procedures.
To be eligible for this position you must have the ability to:
- Work independently in the completion of assignments.
- Analyze and evaluate data.
- Prepare and present clear and concise reports, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Provide effective functional or project leadership.
- Effectively plan, organize, and prioritize work.
Any combination equivalent to experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities may qualify. A typical way of gaining the knowledge, skill, and ability outlined is:
- Equivalent to an Associate’s degree with college course work in public administration, business administration or a related field AND
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible administrative support experience, preferably within a public agency.
- Experience involving extensive written customer communications, employer social media posts, research, budget preparation/reconciling, development of marketing materials and event planning/coordination may substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, officials, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to video display and regularly works in inside environmental conditions. The employee occasionally works in evenings or weekends and occasionally works with use of personal vehicle. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
City of San Rafael application is required. Resumes do not substitute for the City application. Candidates should detail related education and experience on the application. The examination process may include the following application appraisal and oral board interview examination. The passing point for the oral board examination final score will be 70%. To file an application, go to: www.calopps.org. Select “Member Agencies”. Select “San Rafael”. Or, to apply, follow this link: https://www.calopps.org/san-rafael/job-19713861
- Can present and communicate information to a non-technical audience
- Has graphic design skills
- Lives and breathes customer service
- Believes that teamwork makes the dream work
- Loves technology as much as we do
The City of San Rafael offers an attractive compensation and benefits program. The salary range for this position is $62,016 - $75,372 Annually, DOQ/DOE and a competitive benefits program including:
- Retirement: The City is a part of the Marin County Employee Retirement Association (MCERA) plan, which offers reciprocity between agencies in CalPERS (this is part of the 37 Act County System);
- Classic Employees - 2% @ at 55 formula, single highest year of compensation;
- PEPRA employees - hired after 1/1/13 or with 6-month break in service are eligible for a 2% at 62 formula, highest 3 year average compensation.
- Health Insurance: Full flex cafeteria plan which can be applied to a health plan or converted to cash (Employee Only - $757.96; Employee+1 - $1,433.74; Employee+Family - $1,571.09; Waive Coverage $300.00)
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance: $5,000 basic and long-term disability is two-thirds of the salary up to $1,000 per month
- Dental Insurance: Fully paid premiums
- Vision Insurance: Fully paid employee premium
- Deferred Comp
- Annual Leave: Vacation 10 days (1-3 years of service/6.25 hours earned per month); 12 days per year; 11 holidays and 2 floating holidays.
- And more......