COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
CITY OF SAN RAFAEL, CALIFORNIA
$156, 336 – 190,032 annually DOQ/DOE
Come join our boundary-pushing and transformative Executive Team at the City of San Rafael!
The City of San Rafael is looking for a Community Development Director to lead our City Planning, Housing, Building Construction, and Code Enforcement into the future. This position is part of the City’s passionate and skilled executive team that promotes a culture that: inspires creative thinking and engagement, proactively pursues actions to ensure that San Rafael continues to be an amazing place to be, provides effective and easy access to City services, and supports work-life balance. If you are looking for a career where you can work in a fast-paced and positive environment, initiate, and manage exciting projects, and be a part of a dynamic leadership team, then this is a great match for you!
For more information and to apply visit our job board: https://wbcpinc.com/job-board/
The Community Development Director leads the vision, management and execution of projects and business processes in three main divisions: City Planning, Building Construction, and Code Enforcement. This position is part of the City’s executive team with a culture that inspires creative thinking, engagement and supports quality of life and work-life balance. This is an at-will, executive position that reports directly to the City Manager and oversees an annual operating budget of $4 million. The Director oversees approximately 20 staff: three division managers, a principal analyst and 16 indirect FTE. This position will also:
- Recommend short- and long-range planning.
- Provide planning and land use consultative services and recommendations to elected officials, commissions, civic groups, executive leadership, and the general public.
- Develop and implement community development and growth management.
- Oversee grant applications and management, and contracts and partnership agreements with community groups and organizations.
- Lead policy development, updates to service delivery, and process improvements.
- Lead innovation to a more transparent and open government with easier access to services and resources.
- Recruit, select, develop, coach, manage, and lead a team of land, planning, building and other professionals.
- Interpret City, County, State and Federal code, law, and regulations, and enforce local ordinances.
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in land-use planning, urban planning, landscape architecture or closely related field, AND
- Six years of experience in municipal planning, including at least two years in a supervisory capacity.
- AICP (American Institute of Certified Planners) certification is desirable.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The City of San Rafael offers an attractive compensation and benefits program. The range for this position is $156,336 – 190,032 annually DOQ/DOE, and a competitive benefits program, see the full brochure for more details.
HOW TO APPLY: This position is open until the needs of the City are met, apply by January 14th, 2021 for first consideration.
Interviews will be held February 1st and 2nd, 2021 (selected candidates will need to be available both days)
Please contact your recruiter, Sam Sackman, with any questions:
- 866-929-WBCP (9227) toll free
- 541-630-0657 (direct)