ENTERPRISE TECHNOLOGY MANAGERFixed-Term/Full-Time
$10,430 - $11,500 per month
Plus excellent benefits
The position is fixed-term for up to three years. Continued appointment in this position is contingent upon funding and job performance. This is an “at will” position.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Apply by Monday, July 26, 2021 for first consideration
THE CITY is focused on enhancing our community members’ quality of life through well-designed services and a positive workplace culture. San Rafael is the economic and cultural heart of Marin County, and its high quality of life is centered on its commercial districts, engaged neighborhoods, active lifestyle, and natural environment. San Rafael (population 59,000) is a full-service city with a city council/city manager form of government with 12 departments, more than 400 employees, and an annual budget of $100 million. The City’s vision is to be a vibrant economic and cultural center reflective of its diversity. The City Council is engaged and seeks to strengthen the urban and commercial areas as well as sustain the beautiful natural environment.
San Rafael’s Organizational culture framework is an initiative called “Together San Rafael.” City employees are our greatest asset, and we seek talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are creative, curious, and excited about a challenge. We are a results-driven team focused on the needs of community members. The Together San Rafael initiative is focused on modernizing City services and increasing the engagement of employees. This initiative recognizes the interconnectedness of the customer and employee experience.
The City of San Rafael Department of Digital Service and Open Government is seeking a full-time/fixed-term Enterprise Technology Manager. Continued appointment in this position is contingent upon funding and job performance. This is an “at will” position. Fixed-Term appointments may be made for up to a three-year period.
At the San Rafael Department of Digital Service and Open Government, we don’t just deliver software and support IT—we believe that we’re here to help the City solve problems and modernize City services for a digital age. As an Enterprise Technology Manager, you’ll work with City departments to enable smart uses of technology that our employees and community need. Digital Service and Open Government enables municipal services through business systems, resident facing digital products, productivity and collaboration tools, and expert strategy and planning.
You will have the rare opportunity to help transform critical, public-facing services, while ensuring that we’re building the right thing at the right time for everyone who needs it. On any given day, you might be conducting user research, process mapping, using evidence and analytics to make technical decisions, collaborating with service designers to do rapid prototyping, or managing the delivery of a product roadmap for key City services.
We’re looking for an Enterprise Technology Manager who has high ethical standards, is excited to work in the public interest, and serve the City staff and residents of San Rafael with humility, respect, and transparency.
This position performs the following essential job duties (including but not limited to):
- Develop, define, and manage the vision and roadmap for internally and externally facing software products.
- Develop and share clarity around exactly what problem a product is solving and for whom.
- Build services with a strong equity lens to support everyone who needs access to our services, ensuring that our products work for all members of the public without experience gaps.
- Support multi-department and cross-department service challenges.
- Defines and delivers soluti9ons that boost internal productivity and efficiencies as well as world class customer experience for members of the public.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and interacts with customers, senior management, City teams, and vendor partners.
- Leads modernization, digital transformation, workflow automation, and related process re-engineering efforts by educating the user community on features and capabilities through presentations and demonstrations.
- Oversees governance and project management activities for the productivity and collaboration product line to ensure user adoption, while simultaneously providing standardization necessary for security, compliance, and discoverability.
- Creates compelling end user adoption strategies.
- Leads and develops team members.
- Works with product owners, stakeholders, and developers to define and deliver high-value features.
- Partner closely with City staff with the department, across other departments, and outside of the organization (such as consultants and vendors) to ensure timely and efficient delivery of the product.
- Advocate diplomatically for your product’s users and their needs within the team and the wider organization.
- Embed human-centered design principles into every aspect of how we’re building the product.
- Performs related duties as required.
You are a great fit for this role if you:
- Have three (3) or more years of experience architecting and implementing successful software and productivity or collaboration tools.
- Have advanced knowledge and experience managing digital content/document management tools, collaboration tools, productivity tools and business process automation tools.
- Have deep technical and architectural understanding of administration and functional capabilities of municipal, financial, permitting, and reporting software, as well as Microsoft SharePoint, Exchange, Office365, and other parts of the Microsoft ecosystem.
- Have proven ability to lead business solution projects to successful conclusion with diverse teams to effectively achieve high adoption and user satisfaction of productivity and collaboration solutions.
- Have proven ability to lead and address business process automation efforts that improves efficiencies across the enterprise.
- Have first-rate writing, graphical and in-person communication skills, and ae excellent at communicating with designers, developers, engineers, and non-technical audiences.
- Are comfortable defining a compelling vision and designing a measurable strategy to achieve that vision.
- Know how to motivate cross-functional teams to build the right thing.
- Are comfortable working in a consulting capacity as well as running a product directly.
- Can act as an empathetic coach, mentor, and advocate who helps partner department staff develop the skills to manage their own products.
- Can help us build momentum from the big wins our small team has already achieved, so that we can deliver more value, faster, together.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
City of San Rafael application is required. Resumes do not substitute for the City application. Candidates should detail related education and experience on the application. The examination process may include the following application appraisal and oral board interview examination. Note: Prior to appointment, candidate must pass a pre-employment physical, background check, driving record, and fingerprinting. To file an application, go to: www.calopps.org. Select “Member Agencies”. Select “San Rafael”. Follow this link to submit your application: https://www.calopps.org/san-rafael/job-20137256
For more information about the City of San Rafael, please visit www.cityofsanrafael.org.
Reasonable Accommodation: The City of San Rafael will make reasonable accommodations in the exam process to accommodate disabled applicants. If you have a disability for which you require an accommodation, please contact us at (415) 485-3474 before the test date. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Such accommodations must be requested by the applicant.
The City of San Rafael offers an attractive compensation and benefits program. The salary for this position is $10,430 - $11,500 per month (depending upon experience and qualifications) and a competitive benefits program including:
- Retirement: Participation in PARS (Public Agency Retirement System). Employer contribution of 3.75% and employee contribution of 3.75% of their salary to the retirement plan.
- Health Insurance: Full flex cafeteria plan which can be applied to a health plan (Employee Only - $634.57; Employee + 1 - $1,269.13; Employee + Family - $1,649.88)
- Dental Insurance: Fully paid for employee and dependents.
- Vision Insurance: Fully paid for employee and dependents.
- Administrative Leave: Ten (10) days of administrative leave per year. Pro-rated based on hire date.
- Sick Leave: Twelve (12) days of paid sick leave per year. Pro-rated based on hire date.
- Vacation: Ten (10) days per year. Pro-rated based on hire date.
- Other Leave: Eleven (11) City holidays and two (2) floating holidays.