(Two positions available)
Part-Time/Temporary – No Benefits Available
(Maximum hours worked per fiscal year not to exceed 1,000 hours)
$17.50 - $27.15 per hour, depending on experience
Application Deadline: Apply by Friday, June 24, 2022 for first consideration
The City of San Rafael Library and Recreation Department is now accepting applications for the position of Facilities Attendant (two part-time/temporary positions available). This position provides customer service to renters and program participants while assisting with the supervision of front counter/reception area, set up and breakdown equipment for scheduled activities, custodial and cleaning including but not limited to emptying trash, vacuuming, cleaning windows, cleaning restrooms, etc.; opening and securing facility before and after building use and interacting with instructors, clients, and the general public. Bilingual in Spanish is desired.
- Ability to provide good customer service to instructors, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to use a variety of cleaning equipment and materials.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English.
- Ability to follow written and oral directions.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Application and Selection Process:
City of San Rafael application is required. Resumes do not substitute for the City application. Prior to appointment, candidate must pass background check/fingerprinting. To file an application on-line, go to www.calopps.org. Select “Member Agencies”. Select “San Rafael”. Follow this link to submit your application: https://www.calopps.org/san-rafael/job-20253340
Reasonable Accommodation: The City of San Rafael will make reasonable accommodations to accommodate disabled applicants. If you have a disability for which you require an accommodation,
The City of San Rafael offers the following benefits for this position. The salary range for this position is $17.50 - $27.15 per hour:
- This position receives no benefits with the exception of a retirement plan and paid sick leave.
- As a temporary employee, you may not work more than 1,000 hours in a fiscal year (July 1 - June 30).
- You are entitled to receive sick leave in accordance with California's Paid Sick Leave Law (AB 1522).
- Participation in a retirement plan is mandated by Federal Law and you will be enrolled in the Public